- BNY Mellon Investment Management launches multi-asset fund
- Europe's first Blockchain centre to open in Lithuania
- ESAs strengthens group-wide management of money laundering and terrorist financing risks
- Oracle unveils newest release of its core banking application
- Barclays warns that ‘perfect present pressure’ puts Brits at risk this Christmas
- British Business Bank appoints non-executive directors
- Sharing information between institutions is essential, says UK Finance expired
- Merrill Edge report finds US millennials more confident and conservative expired
- Avaloq strengthening position in Asia Pacific with new hire expired
- Latest Mastercard Start Path programme includes Blockchain expired
- Barclays brings banking to the barracks expired
- Capital One and Clarity Money agree customer data sharing expired
8th December 2017
BNY Mellon Investment Management launches multi-asset fund
BNY Mellon Investment Management has launched BNY Mellon Insight Broad Opportunities Fund, a new multi-asset fund that invests across a wide range of asset classes using multiple investment strategies.
"BNY Mellon Insight Broad Opportunities Fund features dynamic asset allocation to limit volatility over a market cycle, which is typically five years. The fund's sub-adviser, Pareto Investment Management Limited, is part of Insight, a leading global investment manager," said Joseph Moran, head of distribution at Dreyfus. "The new fund is a unique alternative to equities that strengthens our existing active line-up of alternative strategies."
Insight's Matthew Merritt, Steve Waddington and Michael Ford are the fund's primary portfolio managers. They will allocate the fund's assets among a broad range of asset classes, including equities, fixed income, currencies, real estate, listed infrastructure and commodities, in both developed and emerging markets. In seeking to provide a minimum average annual total return of US$ 1-Month LIBOR plus 4.5 per cent over rolling five year periods, the portfolio managers select investment strategies and asset classes based on their view of macroeconomic themes at the time of investment.
Insight's Multi-Asset Strategy Group is comprised of ten investment professionals with an average of 17 years of industry experience in asset allocation, investment research, risk management and portfolio implementation.
"In combining directional and less directional strategies, BNY Mellon Insight Broad Opportunities Fund is designed to adapt to changing market conditions while providing investors with a portfolio that seeks to capture return and manage volatility," said Matthew Merritt, Head of the Multi-Asset Strategy Group at Insight Investment. "Having long provided multi-asset solutions to some of the world's most sophisticated institutional investors, we are pleased to be bringing our expertise and process to a broader universe of investors."