- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-Editor's Weekly Overview
- ACORD and Sequel Business Soluions announce joint initiative to advance London Market next-generation placing standards
- Lloyd's Lab announces its sixth cohort with a focus on product simplification and climate
- Lloyd’s to invest in building digital delivery capability and opening a new hub in Manchester
- Willis Towers Watson launches Radar Workbench to transform the capability of commercial underwriting
- SCOR performs strongly at the 1st April renewals
- Texas Mutual takes step forward in its digital transformation with investment in Duck Creek Distribution Management expired
- Zywave acquires risk management solutions provider Enquiron expired
- Record breaking Q1 for US life insurance activity, reports the MIB Life Index expired
- Bluesky MetroVista Mesh Models underpin dynamic Map of London expired
- Ardonagh announces cross class follow capacity solution with Beazley expired
- Liberty Specialty Markets(LSM) appoints Warren as Active Underwriter expired
18th April 2021
Newslink Global Insurance Trends-Editor's Weekly Overview
This week, the chairman of the Global Federation of Insurance Associations(GFIA) said tackling protectionism will help underpin G20 efforts to address climate change risks, whilst a new report from the Geneva Association-"Climate Change Litigation-Insights into the evolving global landscape" was published, and Willis Towers Watson expanded its climate offering with the launch of new physical risk diagnostic tool. Lloyd's Lab announced its sixth cohort with a focus on product simplification and climate-Lloyd's is to invest in building digital delivery capability and open a new hub in Manchester. Willis Re reported that the total capital dedicated to the global reinsurance industry measured $658bn at year-end 2020 reflecting 7% year-on-year growth.
Sequel Business Solutions and ACORD announced a joint initiative to create expanded data standards to benefit the London Market and the global insurance ecosystem. These standards, which will enable a variety of business activities including placing, underwriting, and distribution, will be based on assets donated by Sequel to the industry through ACORD-the latest Sequel Re upgrade announced earlier in the week aims to enhance competitive advantages for Lloyd’s and London Market underwriters. Praedicat launched a new scenario platform, and BMS announced its Pathlight AnalyticsTM platform to support clients. Bluesky announced that MetroVista Mesh Models underpin its dynamic Map of London. Texas Mutual took a step forward in its digital transformation with investment in Duck Creek Distribution Management, FRISS acquired Terrene Labs to expand underwriting efficiency, and Zywave's latest acquisition is risk management solutions provider Enquiron. Willis Towers Watson launched Radar Workbench to transform the capability of commercial underwriting, and Ascot Bermuda joined the TradEd platform.
SCOR performed strongly at the 1st April renewals. Piiq’s IFLI successfully closed the first insurance-backed aviation finance transaction, and Ardonagh announced a cross class follow capacity solution with Beazley. There were senior appointments at Apollo, Liberty Specialty, and Lloyd's.
INSURANCE NEWSLINK-GLOBAL TRENDS RESEARCH SELF-SERVICE
With the COVID-19 pandemic necessitating a dispersed workforce resulting in a surge in digitisation, climate change ongoing issues, growing cyber threats, and public trust a continuing challenge, there is an increasing need for key staff to keep in touch with global market trends and to be able to speedily drill down on areas of interest and print/email an automatic report.
Full articles on the topics in the Editor's Weekly Overview above are included in those added this week to the unique Insurance Newslink Global Trends Database Research Matrix service at www.onlystrategic.com
The self-search and reporting service across all (re)insurance sectors has covered key global trends since its launch in 1993-bringing together significant worldwide market and IT/InsurTech intelligence from source-editing and linking across region/country, regulatory, surveys/research, results, and IT by business application area. The database contains over 53,000 linked articles and is updated twice-weekly.
Sister-service Banking Newslink contains over 34,000 articles, and Financial Newslink is a combination of both database services.
REGISTER FOR A 14 DAY FULL TRIAL TO ASSESS OUR SERVICE AT: