- FAB launches UAE’s first fully featured digital wallet
- UK Finance publishes regional mortgage lending trends
- Data portability: How will it impact the financial services sector?
- NatWest committed to supporting entrepreneurs through free business accelerators
- Green Park Recruitment asks: How will Lloyds deliver on its BAME promise?
- Report shows a fifth of investors now choose SMEs over traditional stocks and shares
- Santander InnoVentures invests in start-up that processes mortgages via smartphone expired
- End of term funding scheme will increase banks’ reliance on savers, says Insignis Cash Solutions expired
- Barclays suffers full year loss for 2017 expired
- All HSBC businesses grew adjusted profits in 2017, says outgoing boss expired
- 2017 has been a landmark year for Lloyds, says Group CEO expired
- Metro bank reports first full year of profitability expired
16th June 2017
ArchOver partners with Escalate to offer secure loans to the SME market
Peer-to-peer (P2P) business lending platform ArchOver is to partner with Escalate, a fixed-cost commercial dispute resolution service for SMEs. The partnership will enhance ArchOver’s ability to provide secure loans to the SME market, helping borrowers to bring in disputed payments and enhancing security for lenders as a result.
Escalate’s rapid no-win no-fee dispute resolution will enable ArchOver to recover any contested assets used as security for loans over the ArchOver platform. Escalate will ensure that lenders on the platform are protected by ensuring contested debts are paid and repayments can be made on time, working in tandem with ArchOver’s insurance partner firm Coface and the company’s all-asset charge on borrower assets.
Borrowers who don’t have time to chase down their disputed debts will also benefit from Escalate’s resolution service by using it to recover invoices that could be used for additional security. This will ultimately increase the amount they are able to borrow.
“Within the SME market, all sorts of debt tends to be written off due to the time and money it takes to chase debtors down,” said Ian Anderson, ArchOver COO. “With Escalate on board, we will now be able to help SMEs to recover that debt, managing their cash flow and increasing their ability to access essential funding as a result. Combining our monthly monitoring and insurance policies with Escalate’s dispute resolution will also enable us to provide that extra level of assurance for our lenders.”