- Bank branches closing at an alarming rate with 60 shutting a month, warns ‘Which?’
- Starling Bank launches new gambling blocker technology
- Nomura's overseas subsidiary systems hit by unauthorised access
- Re-mortgaging bounces back as borrowers put their house in order, says UK Finance
- NatWest trials new way to pay for online shopping
- Equifax joins Scottish Financial Enterprise
- Bank of America surpasses one million users on Erica expired
- Wealth managers targeting HNW entrepreneur clients should foster inter-departmental collaboration, says GlobalData expired
- Bank branches play an important role in local communities, says UK Finance expired
- Raiffeisen choses Kompany for next-generation business KYC solution expired
- Banks respond to ‘Which?’ report on branch closures expired
- Barclays’ mobile banking app comes top in the UK expired
5th December 2017
Barclays appoints non-executive director
Barclays PLC and Barclays Bank PLC (Barclays) have appointed Mike Turner (CBE) as a non-executive Director of Barclays. He will take up his appointment on 1st January, 2018.
Mr Turner has extensive board-level experience. He is currently Chairman of the boards of GKN plc and Babcock International Group PLC, and until recently served as a non-executive director of Lazard Ltd (2006 to 2017). Mr Turner has also had a long and successful executive career at BAE Systems plc where he was CEO between 2002 and 2008. Prior to this he held various commercial, marketing and general management positions at BAE and its predecessor companies. Mr Turner is a member of the UK Government's Apprenticeship Ambassadors Network.
John McFarlane, Group Chairman, said: "I am very pleased that Mike has agreed to join the Barclays Board. Mike is a seasoned business leader, with a highly successful track record as both a Chief Executive and Chairman. He will bring strong commercial and practical acumen, together with experience of the financial services sector."