- FCA publishes findings on long-term mortgage arrears
- New anti-text message fraud initiative launched
- Ohpen launches new API portal to reduce IT implementation time
- Mastercard and Microsoft join forces to advance digital identity innovations
- Barclays provides new ‘lipspeaker’ service for deaf and hard of hearing customers
- Majority of the UK has set a savings goal, but it could take years to reach, says Aldermore
- lastminute.com to offer new multi-currency Visa card expired
- UK investors more cautious than global counterparts, according to Schroders’ study expired
- Santander launches Private Wealth initiative expired
- Monese to offer free ‘Premium’ UK & European Current Accounts to Dual UK/EU Citizens expired
- Google Pay now available to UniCredit's customers in Italy expired
- Cyber-resilience: range of practices report issued by the Basel Committee expired
5th December 2017
Barclays appoints non-executive director
Barclays PLC and Barclays Bank PLC (Barclays) have appointed Mike Turner (CBE) as a non-executive Director of Barclays. He will take up his appointment on 1st January, 2018.
Mr Turner has extensive board-level experience. He is currently Chairman of the boards of GKN plc and Babcock International Group PLC, and until recently served as a non-executive director of Lazard Ltd (2006 to 2017). Mr Turner has also had a long and successful executive career at BAE Systems plc where he was CEO between 2002 and 2008. Prior to this he held various commercial, marketing and general management positions at BAE and its predecessor companies. Mr Turner is a member of the UK Government's Apprenticeship Ambassadors Network.
John McFarlane, Group Chairman, said: "I am very pleased that Mike has agreed to join the Barclays Board. Mike is a seasoned business leader, with a highly successful track record as both a Chief Executive and Chairman. He will bring strong commercial and practical acumen, together with experience of the financial services sector."