- BNY Mellon Investment Management launches multi-asset fund
- Europe's first Blockchain centre to open in Lithuania
- ESAs strengthens group-wide management of money laundering and terrorist financing risks
- Oracle unveils newest release of its core banking application
- Barclays warns that ‘perfect present pressure’ puts Brits at risk this Christmas
- British Business Bank appoints non-executive directors
- Sharing information between institutions is essential, says UK Finance expired
- Merrill Edge report finds US millennials more confident and conservative expired
- Avaloq strengthening position in Asia Pacific with new hire expired
- Latest Mastercard Start Path programme includes Blockchain expired
- Barclays brings banking to the barracks expired
- Capital One and Clarity Money agree customer data sharing expired
5th December 2017
Barclays appoints non-executive director
Barclays PLC and Barclays Bank PLC (Barclays) have appointed Mike Turner (CBE) as a non-executive Director of Barclays. He will take up his appointment on 1st January, 2018.
Mr Turner has extensive board-level experience. He is currently Chairman of the boards of GKN plc and Babcock International Group PLC, and until recently served as a non-executive director of Lazard Ltd (2006 to 2017). Mr Turner has also had a long and successful executive career at BAE Systems plc where he was CEO between 2002 and 2008. Prior to this he held various commercial, marketing and general management positions at BAE and its predecessor companies. Mr Turner is a member of the UK Government's Apprenticeship Ambassadors Network.
John McFarlane, Group Chairman, said: "I am very pleased that Mike has agreed to join the Barclays Board. Mike is a seasoned business leader, with a highly successful track record as both a Chief Executive and Chairman. He will bring strong commercial and practical acumen, together with experience of the financial services sector."