- Wells Fargo to reduce workforce by up to 10% in ongoing transformation
- Barclays launches initiative to build thriving local economies
- EU banks’ funding plans indicate increased appetite for client deposits and market-based funding
- CMA launches review as PayPal completes acquisition of iZettle
- Fraud now more common than burglary, says UK Finance
- Avaloq upgrades open software architecture for banks and wealth managers
- Fintech Trade Association launches North American arm expired
- BNY Mellon Investment Management launches Japanese investment fund expired
- Two thirds of parents expect to spend over £17k to support their future student through university expired
- UK Treasury's 'proactive' approach to cryptocurrencies welcomed by deVere expired
- CaixaBank agrees the sale of its stake in Repsol after 22 years expired
- EBA calls “back-to-back” trading an indispensable “backbone” of global finance expired
5th December 2017
Barclays appoints non-executive director
Barclays PLC and Barclays Bank PLC (Barclays) have appointed Mike Turner (CBE) as a non-executive Director of Barclays. He will take up his appointment on 1st January, 2018.
Mr Turner has extensive board-level experience. He is currently Chairman of the boards of GKN plc and Babcock International Group PLC, and until recently served as a non-executive director of Lazard Ltd (2006 to 2017). Mr Turner has also had a long and successful executive career at BAE Systems plc where he was CEO between 2002 and 2008. Prior to this he held various commercial, marketing and general management positions at BAE and its predecessor companies. Mr Turner is a member of the UK Government's Apprenticeship Ambassadors Network.
John McFarlane, Group Chairman, said: "I am very pleased that Mike has agreed to join the Barclays Board. Mike is a seasoned business leader, with a highly successful track record as both a Chief Executive and Chairman. He will bring strong commercial and practical acumen, together with experience of the financial services sector."