- UK mortgage market activity buoyant during November 2017
- Banks grapple with the technology implications of PSD2 and Open Banking
- Envestnet|Yodlee offers banks a solution that complies with PSD2 in the UK
- Italian banks will continue to heal in 2018, says S&P
- Finance sector taking action to address its reliance on paper
- Brickendon asks if it time for financial services to embrace robots
- Money Dashboard welcomes implementation of new banking rules expired
- Digital advancement puts us at risk of being unprepared for death, says Lloyds expired
- EBA Risk Dashboard confirms steady improvements in the EU banking sector expired
- Open Banking promises to save SMEs money and time expired
- Responsible growth delivers solid 2017 results for Bank of America expired
- Goldman Sachs posts Q4 loss of $1.93bn expired
12th January 2018
Nomura establishes principal investment business subsidiary
Nomura Holdings Inc. has established Nomura Capital Partners Co Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary that will oversee the firm’s principal investment business. Nomura launched its principal investment business this year with the establishment of a new Merchant Banking Division on 1st January, 2018. Nomura Capital Partners will play a central role in the execution of this new business.
The needs of the firm’s corporate clients have become increasingly diversified and sophisticated. In order to respond to these needs, the new company will primarily provide equity as a solution for business reorganisations and revitalisations, business succession as well as management buyouts.
Through its new subsidiary, Nomura will provide a broad range of solutions that meet the growing expectations of its clients. Nomura aims to become the financial services group that clients turn to and will continue to create businesses to tap into new sources of revenues.