- UK mortgage market activity buoyant during November 2017
- Banks grapple with the technology implications of PSD2 and Open Banking
- Envestnet|Yodlee offers banks a solution that complies with PSD2 in the UK
- Italian banks will continue to heal in 2018, says S&P
- Finance sector taking action to address its reliance on paper
- Brickendon asks if it time for financial services to embrace robots
- Money Dashboard welcomes implementation of new banking rules expired
- Digital advancement puts us at risk of being unprepared for death, says Lloyds expired
- EBA Risk Dashboard confirms steady improvements in the EU banking sector expired
- Open Banking promises to save SMEs money and time expired
- Responsible growth delivers solid 2017 results for Bank of America expired
- Goldman Sachs posts Q4 loss of $1.93bn expired
12th January 2018
Rabobank uses G+D Mobile to launch sophisticated mobile payment solution
G+D Mobile Security has worked with Rabobank to migrate the bank’s existing SIM-based mobile payment solution to a cloud-based mobile payment application using HCE (Host Card Emulation) technology. In addition, G+D Mobile Security’s Convego AppWorld solution enables Rabobank to build their own mobile ecosystem around mobile payments with a rich choice of value-added services.
“Rabo Wallet” users can therefore not only manage their mobile payment cards and make mobile payments - they can also instantly activate other services like parking and a storage function for customer shop and loyalty cards. The mobile payment functionality provided by the Rabo Wallet app is available for Android smart phones and supports Mastercard Maestro cards and the related token services.
Rabobank decided to move to cloud-based mobile payments, powered by G+D Mobile Security`s Convego CloudPay solution, in order to be able to scale the solution and provide services for a larger number of consumers. With the new solution, more Rabobank customers can use the mobile payment service since it no longer requires a special kind of SIM card.
Suzan van Eeten, Lead Product Manager, Rabobank, said: “There was great enthusiasm for the Rabo Wallet. Within 24 hours, the pilot contained the maximum of 10.000 participants; and 80 per cent of the users were positive about the Wallets’ functionality. That was a big incentive to place the app in the Playstore as quickly as possible.”
Dr Carsten Wengel, Head of the Region EMEA at G+D Mobile Security, said: “Our common goal is to make the mobile payment experience for customers as easy, flexible and secure as possible. We look forward to continuing our work with Rabobank to provide their customers with an expanded mobile payment experience based on our market-leading technology.”