- Nomura Securities leads first green bond offering for residential mortgages in Japan
- Fed Board announces Reserve Banks' preliminary results for 2018
- Renovite to fly payments flag on Fintech trade mission
- Wells Fargo announces executive starters and leavers
- UniCredit excels in 2019 Euromoney's Trade Finance Survey
- UK Finance welcomes government response to Treasury Committee SME report
- Julius Baer Group nominates new members for the Board expired
- ESMA report finds investment product performance highly impacted by charges expired
- FCA letter on ‘mortgage prisoners’ a positive step, says UK Finance expired
- Demand for financial services falls for first time in five years expired
- Liberis suggests the top five financial trends of the new year, with SMEs in mind expired
- Paysafe Group appoints Mastercard vice chair as Non-Executive Director expired
12th January 2018
Rabobank uses G+D Mobile to launch sophisticated mobile payment solution
G+D Mobile Security has worked with Rabobank to migrate the bank’s existing SIM-based mobile payment solution to a cloud-based mobile payment application using HCE (Host Card Emulation) technology. In addition, G+D Mobile Security’s Convego AppWorld solution enables Rabobank to build their own mobile ecosystem around mobile payments with a rich choice of value-added services.
“Rabo Wallet” users can therefore not only manage their mobile payment cards and make mobile payments - they can also instantly activate other services like parking and a storage function for customer shop and loyalty cards. The mobile payment functionality provided by the Rabo Wallet app is available for Android smart phones and supports Mastercard Maestro cards and the related token services.
Rabobank decided to move to cloud-based mobile payments, powered by G+D Mobile Security`s Convego CloudPay solution, in order to be able to scale the solution and provide services for a larger number of consumers. With the new solution, more Rabobank customers can use the mobile payment service since it no longer requires a special kind of SIM card.
Suzan van Eeten, Lead Product Manager, Rabobank, said: “There was great enthusiasm for the Rabo Wallet. Within 24 hours, the pilot contained the maximum of 10.000 participants; and 80 per cent of the users were positive about the Wallets’ functionality. That was a big incentive to place the app in the Playstore as quickly as possible.”
Dr Carsten Wengel, Head of the Region EMEA at G+D Mobile Security, said: “Our common goal is to make the mobile payment experience for customers as easy, flexible and secure as possible. We look forward to continuing our work with Rabobank to provide their customers with an expanded mobile payment experience based on our market-leading technology.”