- NPSO confirms the representation of its newly-created Participant Advisory Council
- FCA proposes actions to improve competition in the investment platform market
- Equifax research reveals a lack of awareness of banking options among Brits
- Nationwide puts weight behind major campaign to improve financial capability-Open Banking for Good aims to close financial capability gap in the UK
- ESMA issues first set of technical standards under the Securitisation Regulation(SR) containing both draft regulatory and implementing standards (RTS/ITS)
- Scope Ratings says there are limited impacts from the ECB’s latest bad-loan initiative
- IPC wins the highest rankings by the financial markets industry in the 2018 Waters Rankings expired
- JP Morgan reports record results in second quarter expired
- Metro Bank launches developer portal expired
- Arrow Global working with Xactium platform expired
- Bezant a key sponsor at the Beyond Blocks Summit in Seoul expired
- Hyperwallet to facilitate mass payment distribution for Wordapp.com expired
12th January 2018
Rabobank uses G+D Mobile to launch sophisticated mobile payment solution
G+D Mobile Security has worked with Rabobank to migrate the bank’s existing SIM-based mobile payment solution to a cloud-based mobile payment application using HCE (Host Card Emulation) technology. In addition, G+D Mobile Security’s Convego AppWorld solution enables Rabobank to build their own mobile ecosystem around mobile payments with a rich choice of value-added services.
“Rabo Wallet” users can therefore not only manage their mobile payment cards and make mobile payments - they can also instantly activate other services like parking and a storage function for customer shop and loyalty cards. The mobile payment functionality provided by the Rabo Wallet app is available for Android smart phones and supports Mastercard Maestro cards and the related token services.
Rabobank decided to move to cloud-based mobile payments, powered by G+D Mobile Security`s Convego CloudPay solution, in order to be able to scale the solution and provide services for a larger number of consumers. With the new solution, more Rabobank customers can use the mobile payment service since it no longer requires a special kind of SIM card.
Suzan van Eeten, Lead Product Manager, Rabobank, said: “There was great enthusiasm for the Rabo Wallet. Within 24 hours, the pilot contained the maximum of 10.000 participants; and 80 per cent of the users were positive about the Wallets’ functionality. That was a big incentive to place the app in the Playstore as quickly as possible.”
Dr Carsten Wengel, Head of the Region EMEA at G+D Mobile Security, said: “Our common goal is to make the mobile payment experience for customers as easy, flexible and secure as possible. We look forward to continuing our work with Rabobank to provide their customers with an expanded mobile payment experience based on our market-leading technology.”