- FCA confirms greater access for SMEs to the Financial Ombudsman Service
- Nomura settles case of RMBS securitised by US Subsidiaries with US Department of Justice
- Number of first-time buyers reaches its highest level since June 2017
- Thriving SMEs to bolster growth of alternative finance
- UK Finance supports FCA plan to extend access to Ombudsman Service to smaller firms
- Monese launches business account in the UK, with Europe to follow soon
- ‘Rom-cons’ costing love-struck Brits thousands, says Barclays expired
- High-cost lenders should reassess their operational procedures, says Huntswood expired
- Mastercard is the first network to make signatures optional expired
- Federal Reserve study finds US payments fraud small but growing expired
- CEOs of big banks pull out of Saudi conference expired
- Study shows regional disparity in terms of where Angel investors are based and where they invest expired
12th January 2018
Rabobank uses G+D Mobile to launch sophisticated mobile payment solution
G+D Mobile Security has worked with Rabobank to migrate the bank’s existing SIM-based mobile payment solution to a cloud-based mobile payment application using HCE (Host Card Emulation) technology. In addition, G+D Mobile Security’s Convego AppWorld solution enables Rabobank to build their own mobile ecosystem around mobile payments with a rich choice of value-added services.
“Rabo Wallet” users can therefore not only manage their mobile payment cards and make mobile payments - they can also instantly activate other services like parking and a storage function for customer shop and loyalty cards. The mobile payment functionality provided by the Rabo Wallet app is available for Android smart phones and supports Mastercard Maestro cards and the related token services.
Rabobank decided to move to cloud-based mobile payments, powered by G+D Mobile Security`s Convego CloudPay solution, in order to be able to scale the solution and provide services for a larger number of consumers. With the new solution, more Rabobank customers can use the mobile payment service since it no longer requires a special kind of SIM card.
Suzan van Eeten, Lead Product Manager, Rabobank, said: “There was great enthusiasm for the Rabo Wallet. Within 24 hours, the pilot contained the maximum of 10.000 participants; and 80 per cent of the users were positive about the Wallets’ functionality. That was a big incentive to place the app in the Playstore as quickly as possible.”
Dr Carsten Wengel, Head of the Region EMEA at G+D Mobile Security, said: “Our common goal is to make the mobile payment experience for customers as easy, flexible and secure as possible. We look forward to continuing our work with Rabobank to provide their customers with an expanded mobile payment experience based on our market-leading technology.”