- Bank branches closing at an alarming rate with 60 shutting a month, warns ‘Which?’
- Starling Bank launches new gambling blocker technology
- Nomura's overseas subsidiary systems hit by unauthorised access
- Re-mortgaging bounces back as borrowers put their house in order, says UK Finance
- NatWest trials new way to pay for online shopping
- Equifax joins Scottish Financial Enterprise
- Bank of America surpasses one million users on Erica expired
- Wealth managers targeting HNW entrepreneur clients should foster inter-departmental collaboration, says GlobalData expired
- Bank branches play an important role in local communities, says UK Finance expired
- Raiffeisen choses Kompany for next-generation business KYC solution expired
- Banks respond to ‘Which?’ report on branch closures expired
- Barclays’ mobile banking app comes top in the UK expired
13th March 2018
Bank staff successfully complete the first ever Certificate year in Central Banking and Financial Regulation
Seventy-two Bank of England staff have successfully complete the first ever Certificate year in Central Banking and Financial Regulation. In partnership with Warwick Business School (WBS), the Bank launched the new postgraduate qualification in Central Banking and Financial Regulation in 2016.
The CBQ is designed to equip the next generation of central bankers with the technical expertise and practical knowledge needed to continue to fulfil the Bank’s mission of promoting the good of the people of the UK by maintaining monetary and financial stability.
Graduates start the programme with a Foundation Year, designed by the Bank of England’s Centre for Central Banking Studies (CCBS) and taught in-house. After the Foundation Year, WBS delivers a further year of part-time study for a postgraduate Certificate at WBS London at The Shard. Graduates then have the opportunity to study further for a Diploma, Master of Science (MSc) or Master of Research (MRes) with training also taking place at WBS London.
Commenting, Governor Mark Carney said: “To deliver the Bank of England’s mission to promote the good of the people of the United Kingdom, we need people from a diverse range of background, with the knowledge and skills to execute the range of our responsibilities. The Central Banking Qualification, accredited by Warwick University, allows us to hire graduates from a broader set of disciplines and train them as economist and technical specialists.
“I would like to offer my warmest congratulations to the first cohort of Bank staff to have completed the Certificate year of the MSc in Central Banking and Financial Regulation. We are immensely proud of what you have accomplished, and also what you have contributed to the inaugural year of the course.”