- FIS acquires eCommerce and payments firm WorldPay
- Agencies to hold public meetings on merger of BB&T and SunTrust
- Deutsche Bank and Commerzbank in formal talks about merging
- Digital talent is the number one challenge facing financial services, says Armstrong Craven
- Industry leaders of alternative investments to gather for summit
- Federal Reserve to run seventh triennial study to examine US payments usage
- Access to finance no longer major barrier to growth, finds BDRC survey expired
- BoE is losing more BAME talent than they hire, according to Equality Group expired
- SEC staff to hold Fintech forum to discuss distributed ledger technology and digital assets expired
- Sainsbury’s Bank reveals financial decisions UK adults regret expired
- Jurisdictions move towards implementing standards for payment, clearing and settlement expired
- First-time buyers and home-movers boost housing market in January expired
13th April 2018
Mastercard appoints new Vice Chairman
Mastercard has appointed Ann Cairns as vice chairman, effective 1st June, 2018. Gilberto Caldart succeeds her as president, International. Both will report to Ajay Banga, president and CEO.
Mr Banga said: “Ann has significantly grown our international business over the past seven years. Her deep understanding and appreciation of local cultures and expectations has been a tremendous asset. Not only has she has built sustainable, strong growth, Ann has served as a catalyst beyond payments, championing inclusion, the empowerment of women and talent development at all levels of the company. We look forward to her continued contributions in this new role.”
Prior to joining Mastercard, Ms Cairns served as the head of Alvarez & Marsal’s financial industry services group in London, where she led the European team managing Lehman Brothers Holdings International through the Chapter 11 process.
Earlier, Ms Cairns was CEO, Transaction Banking at ABN-AMRO, and spent 15 years in senior operational positions at Citigroup. In total, she has more than 25 years of experience working in senior management positions across Europe and the US, running global retail and investment banking operations.
She sits on the group board of Intercontinental Exchange (ICE) and is chair of ICE Clear Europe.