- NPSO confirms the representation of its newly-created Participant Advisory Council
- FCA proposes actions to improve competition in the investment platform market
- Equifax research reveals a lack of awareness of banking options among Brits
- Nationwide puts weight behind major campaign to improve financial capability-Open Banking for Good aims to close financial capability gap in the UK
- ESMA issues first set of technical standards under the Securitisation Regulation(SR) containing both draft regulatory and implementing standards (RTS/ITS)
- Scope Ratings says there are limited impacts from the ECB’s latest bad-loan initiative
- IPC wins the highest rankings by the financial markets industry in the 2018 Waters Rankings expired
- JP Morgan reports record results in second quarter expired
- Metro Bank launches developer portal expired
- Arrow Global working with Xactium platform expired
- Bezant a key sponsor at the Beyond Blocks Summit in Seoul expired
- Hyperwallet to facilitate mass payment distribution for Wordapp.com expired
13th April 2018
Mastercard appoints new Vice Chairman
Mastercard has appointed Ann Cairns as vice chairman, effective 1st June, 2018. Gilberto Caldart succeeds her as president, International. Both will report to Ajay Banga, president and CEO.
Mr Banga said: “Ann has significantly grown our international business over the past seven years. Her deep understanding and appreciation of local cultures and expectations has been a tremendous asset. Not only has she has built sustainable, strong growth, Ann has served as a catalyst beyond payments, championing inclusion, the empowerment of women and talent development at all levels of the company. We look forward to her continued contributions in this new role.”
Prior to joining Mastercard, Ms Cairns served as the head of Alvarez & Marsal’s financial industry services group in London, where she led the European team managing Lehman Brothers Holdings International through the Chapter 11 process.
Earlier, Ms Cairns was CEO, Transaction Banking at ABN-AMRO, and spent 15 years in senior operational positions at Citigroup. In total, she has more than 25 years of experience working in senior management positions across Europe and the US, running global retail and investment banking operations.
She sits on the group board of Intercontinental Exchange (ICE) and is chair of ICE Clear Europe.