- Chief executive of Danske Bank resigns after money-laundering investigation
- NatWest to pilot UK’s first intelligent cash management system
- EEA nationals play a key role in financial services, says UK Finance
- Public register for the UK Money Markets Code launched
- Mastercard agrees to settle monetary damages related to US merchant litigation
- Bitcoin will lose 50% of its market share to Ethereum in five years
- Nomura leads first green bond offering in Japanese manufacturing industry expired
- FS industry should be looking ahead to move beyond traditional cards, says Arxan expired
- NAB announces a number of executive changes expired
- Focus on issuer fundamentals critical in AT1 market, says Scope expired
- HSBC chief executive of Global Private Banking to retire expired
- UAE’s new expat laws could make it one of the world’s top ten financial hubs expired
13th April 2018
Mastercard appoints new Vice Chairman
Mastercard has appointed Ann Cairns as vice chairman, effective 1st June, 2018. Gilberto Caldart succeeds her as president, International. Both will report to Ajay Banga, president and CEO.
Mr Banga said: “Ann has significantly grown our international business over the past seven years. Her deep understanding and appreciation of local cultures and expectations has been a tremendous asset. Not only has she has built sustainable, strong growth, Ann has served as a catalyst beyond payments, championing inclusion, the empowerment of women and talent development at all levels of the company. We look forward to her continued contributions in this new role.”
Prior to joining Mastercard, Ms Cairns served as the head of Alvarez & Marsal’s financial industry services group in London, where she led the European team managing Lehman Brothers Holdings International through the Chapter 11 process.
Earlier, Ms Cairns was CEO, Transaction Banking at ABN-AMRO, and spent 15 years in senior operational positions at Citigroup. In total, she has more than 25 years of experience working in senior management positions across Europe and the US, running global retail and investment banking operations.
She sits on the group board of Intercontinental Exchange (ICE) and is chair of ICE Clear Europe.