- Bank of Scotland PMI: private sector output expands at fastest pace in five months
- FCA reports a 13% increase in complaints-mainly through the rise in PPI claims
- TransferWise first non-bank payment service provider(PSP)to join a UK payment system settling in central bank money
- Goldman Sachs Bank USA completes acquisition of Clarity Money
- FICO unveils several solution upgrades at FICO WORLD 2018 in Miami Beach
- Metro Bank to introduce AI-powered money management tool
- Synectics Precision predictive analytics solution enhances anti-fraud defences at Coventry Building Society expired
- Hammonds the latest Board member to leave Deutsche Bank expired
- Nomura Asset Management to launch a new Exchange Traded Fund( ETF) expired
- ArchOver is now helping businesses to bridge the funding gap whilst waiting for their R&D tax claim to be repaid expired
- CivilisedBank appoints Stephens as CEO expired
- Triodos Bank raises over £7m in three months through crowdfunding platform expired
13th April 2018
Mastercard appoints new Vice Chairman
Mastercard has appointed Ann Cairns as vice chairman, effective 1st June, 2018. Gilberto Caldart succeeds her as president, International. Both will report to Ajay Banga, president and CEO.
Mr Banga said: “Ann has significantly grown our international business over the past seven years. Her deep understanding and appreciation of local cultures and expectations has been a tremendous asset. Not only has she has built sustainable, strong growth, Ann has served as a catalyst beyond payments, championing inclusion, the empowerment of women and talent development at all levels of the company. We look forward to her continued contributions in this new role.”
Prior to joining Mastercard, Ms Cairns served as the head of Alvarez & Marsal’s financial industry services group in London, where she led the European team managing Lehman Brothers Holdings International through the Chapter 11 process.
Earlier, Ms Cairns was CEO, Transaction Banking at ABN-AMRO, and spent 15 years in senior operational positions at Citigroup. In total, she has more than 25 years of experience working in senior management positions across Europe and the US, running global retail and investment banking operations.
She sits on the group board of Intercontinental Exchange (ICE) and is chair of ICE Clear Europe.