- Vocalink to modernise Peruvian electronic payments infrastructure
- Société Générale to open clearing capability for derivatives and OTCs in Paris
- iwoca adds Barclays and HSBC to Open Banking connections
- UK regulator grants electronic money licence to Airwallex
- MoneyGram launches new mobile app in 14 countries
- Revolut granted specialised bank and electronic money institution licences
- KeyBank launches Initial Opportunity Zone Fund for affordable housing expired
- Competitive market drives highest rate of remortgaging in a decade, says UK Finance expired
- Shri Shaktikanta Das appointed new Governor of Indian central bank expired
- Danske is first NI bank to launch Open Banking feature expired
- Demand for chief technology officers in financial services sector set to soar expired
- Zeux to list Hedera's native HBAR token in its digital payment wallet expired
13th April 2018
Mastercard appoints new Vice Chairman
Mastercard has appointed Ann Cairns as vice chairman, effective 1st June, 2018. Gilberto Caldart succeeds her as president, International. Both will report to Ajay Banga, president and CEO.
Mr Banga said: “Ann has significantly grown our international business over the past seven years. Her deep understanding and appreciation of local cultures and expectations has been a tremendous asset. Not only has she has built sustainable, strong growth, Ann has served as a catalyst beyond payments, championing inclusion, the empowerment of women and talent development at all levels of the company. We look forward to her continued contributions in this new role.”
Prior to joining Mastercard, Ms Cairns served as the head of Alvarez & Marsal’s financial industry services group in London, where she led the European team managing Lehman Brothers Holdings International through the Chapter 11 process.
Earlier, Ms Cairns was CEO, Transaction Banking at ABN-AMRO, and spent 15 years in senior operational positions at Citigroup. In total, she has more than 25 years of experience working in senior management positions across Europe and the US, running global retail and investment banking operations.
She sits on the group board of Intercontinental Exchange (ICE) and is chair of ICE Clear Europe.