- Wells Fargo to reduce workforce by up to 10% in ongoing transformation
- Barclays launches initiative to build thriving local economies
- EU banks’ funding plans indicate increased appetite for client deposits and market-based funding
- CMA launches review as PayPal completes acquisition of iZettle
- Fraud now more common than burglary, says UK Finance
- Avaloq upgrades open software architecture for banks and wealth managers
- Fintech Trade Association launches North American arm expired
- BNY Mellon Investment Management launches Japanese investment fund expired
- Two thirds of parents expect to spend over £17k to support their future student through university expired
- UK Treasury's 'proactive' approach to cryptocurrencies welcomed by deVere expired
- CaixaBank agrees the sale of its stake in Repsol after 22 years expired
- EBA calls “back-to-back” trading an indispensable “backbone” of global finance expired
10th July 2018
Lloyds Banking Group hires new Chief Design Officer
Lloyds Banking Group has appointed Dan Makoski to the newly created role of Chief Design Officer focusing on human-centered design, as the bank’s strategy of transforming for success in a digital world gathers pace.
Makoski joins the Group from Walmart, where as Vice President of Design, he empowered teams to think how people can get the most out of their shopping experience and improve their lifestyle. He has also previously worked at Google, designed the original Surface at Microsoft, led design research globally at Motorola and was the first Vice President of Design at Capital One.
He said “I’m joining Lloyds Banking Group to advance the mission of Helping Britain Prosper through thoughtful design. Prosperity is more than numbers, it’s about fostering healthy financial behaviours and attitudes. Using design to empower true prosperity for people, households and businesses of all sizes and backgrounds will be the most important work of my career.
It was pleasantly shocking to see a 300 year old organisation in the UK weaving together advanced technology and the latest thinking in design with such courage. I’m honoured to join Lloyds Banking Group as Chief Design Officer, championing prosperity for our customers with an incredible team of empathetic human-centered designers.”
Zak Mian, Group Transformation Director, Lloyds Banking Group, added “When thinking strategically about winning in a digital world, we need to get better at designing great experiences for our customers. I’m delighted that Dan is joining the team and bringing with him his energy and vast experience in this area.”