- NPSO confirms the representation of its newly-created Participant Advisory Council
- FCA proposes actions to improve competition in the investment platform market
- Equifax research reveals a lack of awareness of banking options among Brits
- Nationwide puts weight behind major campaign to improve financial capability-Open Banking for Good aims to close financial capability gap in the UK
- ESMA issues first set of technical standards under the Securitisation Regulation(SR) containing both draft regulatory and implementing standards (RTS/ITS)
- Scope Ratings says there are limited impacts from the ECB’s latest bad-loan initiative
- IPC wins the highest rankings by the financial markets industry in the 2018 Waters Rankings expired
- JP Morgan reports record results in second quarter expired
- Metro Bank launches developer portal expired
- Arrow Global working with Xactium platform expired
- Bezant a key sponsor at the Beyond Blocks Summit in Seoul expired
- Hyperwallet to facilitate mass payment distribution for Wordapp.com expired
10th July 2018
Lloyds Banking Group hires new Chief Design Officer
Lloyds Banking Group has appointed Dan Makoski to the newly created role of Chief Design Officer focusing on human-centered design, as the bank’s strategy of transforming for success in a digital world gathers pace.
Makoski joins the Group from Walmart, where as Vice President of Design, he empowered teams to think how people can get the most out of their shopping experience and improve their lifestyle. He has also previously worked at Google, designed the original Surface at Microsoft, led design research globally at Motorola and was the first Vice President of Design at Capital One.
He said “I’m joining Lloyds Banking Group to advance the mission of Helping Britain Prosper through thoughtful design. Prosperity is more than numbers, it’s about fostering healthy financial behaviours and attitudes. Using design to empower true prosperity for people, households and businesses of all sizes and backgrounds will be the most important work of my career.
It was pleasantly shocking to see a 300 year old organisation in the UK weaving together advanced technology and the latest thinking in design with such courage. I’m honoured to join Lloyds Banking Group as Chief Design Officer, championing prosperity for our customers with an incredible team of empathetic human-centered designers.”
Zak Mian, Group Transformation Director, Lloyds Banking Group, added “When thinking strategically about winning in a digital world, we need to get better at designing great experiences for our customers. I’m delighted that Dan is joining the team and bringing with him his energy and vast experience in this area.”