- Industry reports timely transfer of Cash ISAs for first nine months of 2018
- RBS co-develops new government-backed guidelines to boost engagement between Fintech and banks
- NatWest launches digital proposition for SMEs
- HSBC data breach serves a stark warning for customers to do all they can to protect their data
- Bank of England coordinates cyber resilience exercise
- Lloyds partners Thought Machine to accelerate digital transformation
- UK's Prime Minister creates new business advisory councils expired
- One in five Brits would never inform a partner of their debt situation, finds Equifax expired
- Coupa unveils vision to transform fragmented B2B payments process expired
- UK Finance data shows mortgage arrears remain at an historic low expired
- Barclays appoints new Head of UK Corporate Banking expired
- Court of Appeals judgement on ATM business rates a relief to high streets, says Auriga expired
10th July 2018
Lloyds Banking Group hires new Chief Design Officer
Lloyds Banking Group has appointed Dan Makoski to the newly created role of Chief Design Officer focusing on human-centered design, as the bank’s strategy of transforming for success in a digital world gathers pace.
Makoski joins the Group from Walmart, where as Vice President of Design, he empowered teams to think how people can get the most out of their shopping experience and improve their lifestyle. He has also previously worked at Google, designed the original Surface at Microsoft, led design research globally at Motorola and was the first Vice President of Design at Capital One.
He said “I’m joining Lloyds Banking Group to advance the mission of Helping Britain Prosper through thoughtful design. Prosperity is more than numbers, it’s about fostering healthy financial behaviours and attitudes. Using design to empower true prosperity for people, households and businesses of all sizes and backgrounds will be the most important work of my career.
It was pleasantly shocking to see a 300 year old organisation in the UK weaving together advanced technology and the latest thinking in design with such courage. I’m honoured to join Lloyds Banking Group as Chief Design Officer, championing prosperity for our customers with an incredible team of empathetic human-centered designers.”
Zak Mian, Group Transformation Director, Lloyds Banking Group, added “When thinking strategically about winning in a digital world, we need to get better at designing great experiences for our customers. I’m delighted that Dan is joining the team and bringing with him his energy and vast experience in this area.”