- Nomura Securities leads first green bond offering for residential mortgages in Japan
- Fed Board announces Reserve Banks' preliminary results for 2018
- Renovite to fly payments flag on Fintech trade mission
- Wells Fargo announces executive starters and leavers
- UniCredit excels in 2019 Euromoney's Trade Finance Survey
- UK Finance welcomes government response to Treasury Committee SME report
- Julius Baer Group nominates new members for the Board expired
- ESMA report finds investment product performance highly impacted by charges expired
- FCA letter on ‘mortgage prisoners’ a positive step, says UK Finance expired
- Demand for financial services falls for first time in five years expired
- Liberis suggests the top five financial trends of the new year, with SMEs in mind expired
- Paysafe Group appoints Mastercard vice chair as Non-Executive Director expired
10th July 2018
Lloyds Banking Group hires new Chief Design Officer
Lloyds Banking Group has appointed Dan Makoski to the newly created role of Chief Design Officer focusing on human-centered design, as the bank’s strategy of transforming for success in a digital world gathers pace.
Makoski joins the Group from Walmart, where as Vice President of Design, he empowered teams to think how people can get the most out of their shopping experience and improve their lifestyle. He has also previously worked at Google, designed the original Surface at Microsoft, led design research globally at Motorola and was the first Vice President of Design at Capital One.
He said “I’m joining Lloyds Banking Group to advance the mission of Helping Britain Prosper through thoughtful design. Prosperity is more than numbers, it’s about fostering healthy financial behaviours and attitudes. Using design to empower true prosperity for people, households and businesses of all sizes and backgrounds will be the most important work of my career.
It was pleasantly shocking to see a 300 year old organisation in the UK weaving together advanced technology and the latest thinking in design with such courage. I’m honoured to join Lloyds Banking Group as Chief Design Officer, championing prosperity for our customers with an incredible team of empathetic human-centered designers.”
Zak Mian, Group Transformation Director, Lloyds Banking Group, added “When thinking strategically about winning in a digital world, we need to get better at designing great experiences for our customers. I’m delighted that Dan is joining the team and bringing with him his energy and vast experience in this area.”