- Wells Fargo to reduce workforce by up to 10% in ongoing transformation
- Barclays launches initiative to build thriving local economies
- EU banks’ funding plans indicate increased appetite for client deposits and market-based funding
- CMA launches review as PayPal completes acquisition of iZettle
- Fraud now more common than burglary, says UK Finance
- Avaloq upgrades open software architecture for banks and wealth managers
- Fintech Trade Association launches North American arm expired
- BNY Mellon Investment Management launches Japanese investment fund expired
- Two thirds of parents expect to spend over £17k to support their future student through university expired
- UK Treasury's 'proactive' approach to cryptocurrencies welcomed by deVere expired
- CaixaBank agrees the sale of its stake in Repsol after 22 years expired
- EBA calls “back-to-back” trading an indispensable “backbone” of global finance expired
10th July 2018
UK Finance responds to Bank of England, FCA and PRA discussion paper on operational resilience
UK Finance has responded to the Bank of England, FCA and PRA discussion paper on operational resilience.
Chief Executive of UK Finance Stephen Jones comments "A resilient financial system is one that can absorb shocks and disruption.
"At a time when the nature of such potential disruption becomes more complex due to growing technological change and the increased cyber threats facing all system participants, this discussion paper provides an important contribution in developing better models for individual and collaborative response to disruptive events and ensuring that we learn from shared experience to prevent shocks in the first place.
We will continue to engage closely with stakeholders to develop a financial system that is more resilient for the benefit of the economy as whole.”