- Nomura Securities leads first green bond offering for residential mortgages in Japan
- Fed Board announces Reserve Banks' preliminary results for 2018
- Renovite to fly payments flag on Fintech trade mission
- Wells Fargo announces executive starters and leavers
- UniCredit excels in 2019 Euromoney's Trade Finance Survey
- UK Finance welcomes government response to Treasury Committee SME report
- Julius Baer Group nominates new members for the Board expired
- ESMA report finds investment product performance highly impacted by charges expired
- FCA letter on ‘mortgage prisoners’ a positive step, says UK Finance expired
- Demand for financial services falls for first time in five years expired
- Liberis suggests the top five financial trends of the new year, with SMEs in mind expired
- Paysafe Group appoints Mastercard vice chair as Non-Executive Director expired
14th September 2018
UK Finance responds to the latest Z/YEN Global Financial Centres Index
New York has overtaken London to take the top spot as the world's leading financial centre, according to the latest Z/YEN Global Financial Centres Index (GFCI 24).
Responding, Stephen Jones, Chief Executive of UK Finance, said: “The UK remains a world-leading financial centre and it is important we work hard to maintain this position post-Brexit.
“We are and should always seek to be the safest, most transparent and best regulated place for banking and other financial service providers to do business.
“It is also crucial to provide firms with certainty over future financial services trade between the UK and EU and to maintain access to the best talent from Europe and around the world.”