- Industry reports timely transfer of Cash ISAs for first nine months of 2018
- RBS co-develops new government-backed guidelines to boost engagement between Fintech and banks
- NatWest launches digital proposition for SMEs
- HSBC data breach serves a stark warning for customers to do all they can to protect their data
- Bank of England coordinates cyber resilience exercise
- Lloyds partners Thought Machine to accelerate digital transformation
- UK's Prime Minister creates new business advisory councils expired
- One in five Brits would never inform a partner of their debt situation, finds Equifax expired
- Coupa unveils vision to transform fragmented B2B payments process expired
- UK Finance data shows mortgage arrears remain at an historic low expired
- Barclays appoints new Head of UK Corporate Banking expired
- Court of Appeals judgement on ATM business rates a relief to high streets, says Auriga expired
14th September 2018
UK Finance responds to the latest Z/YEN Global Financial Centres Index
New York has overtaken London to take the top spot as the world's leading financial centre, according to the latest Z/YEN Global Financial Centres Index (GFCI 24).
Responding, Stephen Jones, Chief Executive of UK Finance, said: “The UK remains a world-leading financial centre and it is important we work hard to maintain this position post-Brexit.
“We are and should always seek to be the safest, most transparent and best regulated place for banking and other financial service providers to do business.
“It is also crucial to provide firms with certainty over future financial services trade between the UK and EU and to maintain access to the best talent from Europe and around the world.”