- Wells Fargo to reduce workforce by up to 10% in ongoing transformation
- Barclays launches initiative to build thriving local economies
- EU banks’ funding plans indicate increased appetite for client deposits and market-based funding
- CMA launches review as PayPal completes acquisition of iZettle
- Fraud now more common than burglary, says UK Finance
- Avaloq upgrades open software architecture for banks and wealth managers
- Fintech Trade Association launches North American arm expired
- BNY Mellon Investment Management launches Japanese investment fund expired
- Two thirds of parents expect to spend over £17k to support their future student through university expired
- UK Treasury's 'proactive' approach to cryptocurrencies welcomed by deVere expired
- CaixaBank agrees the sale of its stake in Repsol after 22 years expired
- EBA calls “back-to-back” trading an indispensable “backbone” of global finance expired
14th September 2018
UK Finance responds to the latest Z/YEN Global Financial Centres Index
New York has overtaken London to take the top spot as the world's leading financial centre, according to the latest Z/YEN Global Financial Centres Index (GFCI 24).
Responding, Stephen Jones, Chief Executive of UK Finance, said: “The UK remains a world-leading financial centre and it is important we work hard to maintain this position post-Brexit.
“We are and should always seek to be the safest, most transparent and best regulated place for banking and other financial service providers to do business.
“It is also crucial to provide firms with certainty over future financial services trade between the UK and EU and to maintain access to the best talent from Europe and around the world.”