- UK Finance CEO responds to Which? letter regarding the launch of the Authorised Push Payment Scam Voluntary Code(the Code)
- S&P Global Ratings publishes report headed "Islamic Finance And ESG: The Missing 'S "
- A group of banks join with SWIFT to test real-time gpi cross-border payments in Europe through the Eurosystem’s TARGET Instant Payments Settlement (TIPS)
- HSBC is adopting Globality’s innovative AI-based platform for sourcing and procurement of services
- lastminute.com working with Mastercard and Divido on a new instalment payment solution when booking travel
- Banking Trojans increasingly problematic for businesses says cyber experts Beazley
- Currencycloud and start-up Evarvest in new partnership expired
- Habito CEO comments “Despite house prices slowing down, recent Habito research shows cost is the biggest concern for would-be buyers across the UK" expired
- Marqeta $260m funding announced expired
- Monese brings Apple Pay in further markets to its customers expired
- Monzo reaches two million customer level expired
- Paragon's Asset finance business continues to grow its loan book expired
14th May 2019
BNY Mellon's Pershing appoints new CEO and Chairman
BNY Mellon has appointed James (Jim) T. Crowley as Chief Executive Officer of BNY Mellon's Pershing, effective 1st July, 2019. Mr Crowley, currently Pershing's Chief Operating Officer, will report to Todd Gibbons, Vice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Clearing, Markets and Client Management. He will join BNY Mellon's Executive Committee.
During his career at Pershing, Mr Crowley has worked in various operating areas, including a role on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange before leading marketing and business development. Subsequently, he moved into relationship management, taking on increasingly senior roles while building the firm's relationship management team.
Prior to his current role as Chief Operating Officer, Mr Crowley served as Pershing's Chief Relationship Officer, working side-by-side with clients to help them build sustainable and profitable businesses, serve their clients more effectively and deliver an exceptional end-to-end experience.
"A Pershing veteran of more than 35 years, Jim brings to the role unrivalled knowledge of our clients, systems and operations. This is an exciting time for Pershing as the company continues its investment to accelerate growth in the wealth management and financial advisory industry," said Mr Gibbons.
Mr Crowley succeeds Lisa Dolly, who will serve as Chairman of Pershing through year end. In this capacity, she will act as an advisor to Crowley, assist in on-boarding significant new business, and will continue to work with many of Pershing's most significant client relationships. Ms Dolly will continue to represent Pershing and BNY Mellon within the financial services industry throughout this period.
"We respect Lisa's desire do something different after over 30 years at one firm, and we are grateful to her for her leadership and many contributions. Lisa and Jim have worked closely together for several years in both running the firm and in setting the strategic direction. Given this history and partnership, our clients can expect a seamless transition between now and the end of the year," said Mr Gibbons.