- UK Finance CEO responds to Which? letter regarding the launch of the Authorised Push Payment Scam Voluntary Code(the Code)
- S&P Global Ratings publishes report headed "Islamic Finance And ESG: The Missing 'S "
- A group of banks join with SWIFT to test real-time gpi cross-border payments in Europe through the Eurosystem’s TARGET Instant Payments Settlement (TIPS)
- HSBC is adopting Globality’s innovative AI-based platform for sourcing and procurement of services
- lastminute.com working with Mastercard and Divido on a new instalment payment solution when booking travel
- Banking Trojans increasingly problematic for businesses says cyber experts Beazley
- Currencycloud and start-up Evarvest in new partnership expired
- Habito CEO comments “Despite house prices slowing down, recent Habito research shows cost is the biggest concern for would-be buyers across the UK" expired
- Marqeta $260m funding announced expired
- Monese brings Apple Pay in further markets to its customers expired
- Monzo reaches two million customer level expired
- Paragon's Asset finance business continues to grow its loan book expired
14th May 2019
Swedbank proposes changes to the Board of Directors
The five largest shareholders in Swedbank AB, who also constitutes the Swedbank Nomination Committee, have requested Swedbank’s Board of Directors to call for an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM). Göran Persson is proposed as Chairman of the Board. Furthermore, the Nomination Committee proposes new elections of Bo Magnusson and Josefin Lindstrand.
Mr Magnusson has had an extensive and successful career within SEB. He is Chairman of the Board in two Swedish banks, and a Board member in one of Belgium’s largest banks. Mr Lindstrand is an Attorney at law at the law firm Hammarskiöld & Co, and has both Swedish and international experience of working with anti-money laundering issues.
The Nomination Committee proposes re-election of Bodil Eriksson, Mats Granryd, Kerstin Hermansson, Bo Johansson, Anna Mossberg and Magnus Uggla. The Swedbank Board of Directors will thus consist of nine Board members; five men and four women.
The Chairman of the Swedbank Nomination Committee, Lennart Haglund, said: “I have spoken to Swedbank’s Chairman of the Board and requested an EGM to be held before Midsummer. I am pleased to propose, on behalf of the Nomination Committee, a strong Board of Directors, which includes a number of new elections. Göran Persson is proposed as Chairman of the Board. Bo Magnusson is proposed to be appointed Vice Chairman of the Board. Additionally, we propose a new election of Josefin Lindstrand."