- Cantor Fitzgerald and BMO Capital charged for improper handling of ADRs
- Wells Fargo releases 2018 Corporate Responsibility Report
- Wealth firms should be concerned about threat posed by digital financial advice platforms, says GlobalData
- Paragon Bank achieves £6bn in savings deposits in just five years
- PwC awarded contract to manage Northern Rock’s remaining assets
- Upper Tribunal publishes decision on former Barclays Wealth COO
- Lightbulb moments for SMEs most common at night, finds Barclays expired
- Sberbank broadens service for transferring money for withdrawal from ATMs expired
- Jürg Zeltner nominated to the Supervisory Board of Deutsche Bank expired
- Santander opens re-designed branch in Bradford expired
- CMA revokes Directions regarding its retail banking market investigation expired
- Recommendations issued on the transition from EONIA to €STR for cash and derivatives products expired
13th August 2019
HSBC appoints interim Chief Executive, Global Commercial Banking
HSBC Holdings plc has appointed Barry O’Byrne as interim Chief Executive of Global Commercial Banking (CMB), subject to regulatory approval, succeeding Noel Quinn. This change follows Mr Quinn’s appointment as interim Group Chief Executive, succeeding John Flint.
Mr O’Byrne joined HSBC as Group General Manager and Chief Operating Officer of CMB in 2017, responsible for the delivery of strategic change initiatives, data and analytics, middle office and the leadership of regional COOs. In his new role he will join HSBC’s Group Management Board.
Prior to joining HSBC, Mr O’Byrne held various senior positions with GE Capital, including President and CEO for GE Capital International, with responsibility for banking and financial businesses across Europe and Asia. He has also held CEO positions in Italy, France and the UK and has served on boards in the UK, Switzerland, Germany, Italy and Spain.
Mr Quinn said: “We have moved swiftly to appoint Barry as interim CEO for Commercial Banking to ensure we maintain leadership momentum on delivering for our customers, driving growth and delivering the strategic investment programme for the business.”
Mr O’Byrne said: “I’m excited and honoured to be taking on this role given the significance of our global Commercial Banking franchise. HSBC has an exceptional Commercial Banking brand and business performance is very strong. I look forward to working with the Board, the executive team and my colleagues around the world to accelerate the evolution of our business.”