- FCA reports PPI complaints up in first half but others drop
- Use of contactless cards grew 17.8% in July compared with a year earlier
- Bank of England and FCA joint survey to better understand the current use of Machine Learning(ML) in UK financial services-main findings
- PwC analysis indicates that UK financial services firms’ efforts to grow their robo-adviser ranks are leading the rest of the world
- Juniper Research new study estimates MFS(Mobile Financial Services) will grow 70% to over $1tr by 2024
- Teleperformance Group(TDIBS) highlights that Artificial Intelligence(AI) could significantly speed up processing of mortgage applications
- MDOTM and Raiffeisen Capital Management announces a new strategic partnership over Artificial Intelligence(AI) development expired
- Auriga announces launch of its new WWS AI(Artificial Intelligence) module expired
- iManage and Cognia Law partner to deliver meaningful and practical Artificial Intelligence(AI) solutions to organisations globally expired
- 40-year mortgages becoming standard expired
- Inflation-beating fixed returns diminish due to rate cuts says Moneyfacts expired
- Fixed bond rates in UK plummet as providers scrap deals expired
8th October 2019
CMA clears MUFG Bank/DVB Bank merger
The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) has investigated and given the all-clear to the anticipated acquisition by MUFG Bank Ltd relating to the aviation business of DVB Bank SE and the anticipated acquisition of the AAM/AIM Business.
On 16 August 2019, the CMA announced the launch of its merger inquiry by notice to the parties.
On 19 August 2019, the CMA began its consideration into whether it was or may be the case that this transaction, if carried into effect, would result in the creation of a relevant merger situation under the merger provisions of the Enterprise Act 2002 and, if so, whether the creation of that situation may be expected to result in a substantial lessening of competition within any market or markets in the UK for goods or services.