- The Financial Conduct Authority(FCA) requesting further information about overdraft pricing from firms
- Lloyd's Banking Group announces new ambition to accelerate working with customers, government and the market to help reduce the carbon emissions it finances by more than 50% by 2030
- Which? says banks are refusing to reimburse fraud victims-Joe Bloemendaal of Mitek comments
- EBA publishes amendment to its 2018 guidelines on fraud reporting under the revised Payment Services Directive(PSD2)
- PIMFA welcomes the International Regulatory Strategy Group(IRSG) report on ‘The Architecture for Regulating Finance after Brexit: Phase II’
- Starling Bank voted as Britain’s Best Bank 2019 in a poll run by CompareBanks.co.uk
- Juniper Research new study assesses that that global number of roaming subscribers will reach 1.1 billion by 2024 expired
- Open banking platform Tink and BNP Paribas have announced an extension of their partnership in Europe expired
- Alpha Terminal appoints Hall as Head of Support at London Office expired
- Magnus Financial Group earns a spot in the 2019 RIA Channel Top 100 Wealth Managers Ranking expired
- PZU in cooperation with Goldman Sachs Asset Management launches two new passive sub-funds expired
- Signature Private Finance successfully complete £16.8m management buyout expired
14th January 2020
Ant Financial launches new global cyber security service platform for its payments service Alipay
Ant Financial has launched a new global cyber security service platform for its payments service Alipay.
Announcing the move at the Alipay Connect Risk and Cybersecurity Conference in Singapore, the Chinese FinTech said the platform would provide support to partners to help them better protect their customers through technology.
It will leverage Alipay’s security technologies and systems knowledge, as well as the experience of helping local e-wallet partners provide financial and payment services to 1.2 billion users, in sectors including mobile payment and financial services, improve risk detection and management.
Alipay’s security technology systems, developed over the course of 20 years, have also adopted emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence AI) and machine learning to detect suspicious transactions and counter fraud attempts.
The new platform adds to solutions that Alipay has already rolled out to help partners improve their capabilities in data security. These include Data Shield, a data privacy protection solution, and MORSE, a multi-parties security computing platform.
Rui Xiongwen, the vice president of Ant Financial and president of the security business group in Alipay, comments "Security is the foundation of financial services across the world.
By opening up this new platform to partners globally, Alipay is demonstrating our commitment to sharing security knowledge and best practices to the community, boosting the confidence of all stakeholders regarding the adoption of mobile payment services."