- Lloyds says business confidence inches into positive territory, driven by hopes for economic revival
- Banking and finance industry supports almost 1.6 million businesses through COVID-19 loan schemes
- Bank of England publishes ‘Transforming Data Collection from the UK Financial Sector: A Plan for 2021 and beyond’
- UK Finance says Black Friday and national lockdown behind spike in online spending in November
- Anti-Money Laundering Directives ‘increase valuation of European banks’ says research
- The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) makes senior appointments to drive its transformation
- What trends will emerge from the banking industry this year?; Mark Aldred, banking specialist at Auriga comments expired
- NewDay launches credit building feature Aqua Coach, with tools and insights from TransUnion expired
- Fronted becomes second FinTech to launch on Yobota’s core banking platform expired
- Xero calls for urgent action as UK small business revenue continues to fall expired
- deVere says boomers and retirees embracing Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies expired
- Moneyfacts says first-time landlord opportunity rises in 2021 expired
11th February 2020
ECB launches public consultation on a draft Regulation amending the Regulation on monetary financial institution(MFI) balance sheet statistics
The European Central Bank(ECB) is launching a public consultation on a draft Regulation amending the Regulation on monetary financial institution(MFI) balance sheet statistics. The Regulation has been reviewed with the aim of keeping the ECB’s statistics fit for purpose. The review also takes into account an assessment of the relative merits of new requirements against the potential costs to reporting agents.
The principal purpose of MFI balance sheet statistics is to provide policy-makers with a comprehensive and timely picture of monetary developments in the euro area, including the headline series on money and credit presented in the press releases on monetary developments in the euro area.
The draft Regulation amending the Regulation on MFI balance sheet statistics includes additional statistical requirements for the purpose of analysing monetary and credit developments, as well as refinements to some requirements, definitions and reporting derogations where this supports better integration with other statistical datasets.
The ECB consultation is launched this week and runs until 13th March 2020. The outcome will be taken into account when finalising the draft Regulation. The comments received during the consultation, as well as a feedback statement, will be published in the weeks following the consultation.