- FCA highlights concerns when credit firms allow repeat borrowing
- Travelex strikes deal to stay afloat-1,300 UK jobs to go
- Lloyds launches "The Big Conversation: Helping Britain Recover"
- SCA deadline is nearing: is the market prepared? asks ConnectPay
- Bank of England maintains Bank Rate at 0.1% and comments on economy
- CB Insights State of FinTech report sees renewed signs of activity as funding increased after 2 straight quarters in decline
- Barracuda Networks says official email services have been used to impersonate and scam 6,600 organisations in 2020 expired
- LINE Crypto Asset ‘LINK’ Launches on Japan-based BITMAX Exchange expired
- Commerzbank generates profit for the second quarter in spite of corona costs-capital on track expired
- Barclays Mortgages research indicates UK bigger city residents have increasing interest in moving expired
- Santander UK research says consumers want to actively support their local businesses with increased spending expired
- deVere says higher earners concerned about tax hikes and relief cuts expired
31st July 2020
Equifax joins Emergent Alliance to support UK response to COVID-19
Equifax UK has joined Emergent Alliance, a not for profit group of organisations specialising in data, analytics and technology, working together to help the UK’s recovery from COVID-19.
Equifax will provide its expertise and specialist tools as the Alliance looks to analyse a broad set of economic, behavioural and sentiment data. The aim is to provide new insights and practical applications for small businesses, corporations and the government to aid in the rebuilding of the economy, while measuring the impact of COVID-19. This work will be done with a sharp focus on privacy and security, using industry best practices for data sharing and robust governance.
The Alliance is a diverse collaboration of corporates, individuals, Non-Governmental Organisations(NGOs) and the government, who contribute expertise, data and resources. Its founding members include IBM, Microsoft, ODI Leeds and Rolls-Royce.
Paul Heywood, Chief Data & Analytics Officer at Equifax UK, comments “As we look to the future, the UK faces a huge challenge in responding to the pandemic in a timely and responsible manner. At Equifax we believe in the power of data and the insights it can provide. We’re proud to be a member of the Emergent Alliance and part of such an inspiring, ambitious and collaborative project.”
Rachel Gawley, Programme Director at Emergent Alliance, added “Our vision is to create an environment to share data, expertise and resources, working together to help the economy rebuild and recover. We’re very pleased to welcome Equifax, an expert in the field of data and analytics, to the Emergent Alliance and our collective cause.”