- Standard Chartered global survey indicates COVID-19 marks financial coming of age for cash-strapped Millennials
- COVID pandemic leads to deterioration of UK payment practices
- EBA and McKinsey issue joint white paper on future of banks in payments
- Scope says domestic bank consolidation wave gathers pace; cross-border outlook improves
- City Minister to give evidence on financial services after Brexit to Lords EU Committee
- FinTech investments in Q3 2020 drop by16% quarter-over-quarter to $12.15bn
- EBA CLEARING’s RT1 expands instant payment reach in Luxembourg expired
- Barclays Corporate Banking working with CGI to implement the CGI Trade360 platform. expired
- Central Bank of Iceland(CBI) goes live with new interbank payment system developed by SIA expired
- Mastercard and emerging FinTech ZEN launch digital financial solutions to tackle e-commerce challenges for consumers and businesses expired
- PagoFX, Banco Santander’s low-cost international money transfer service, now available in Belgium expired
- Santander launches its first socially responsible bond for retail investors expired
10th November 2020
Bolero partners with Mitigram
Bolero International, a leading global trade finance digitisation expert, has announced an important new partnership with Mitigram, the premier online global platform for funding and hedging trade risk.
The two Fintechs will provide corporates and banks with a one-stop shop for trade transactions, combining the advantages of Bolero’s highly advanced Galileo trade digitisation platform and electronic bill of lading, with the world’s largest pricing discovery and collaboration network from powered by Mitigram. For corporate clients the benefits will be substantial, enabling them to bring together two linked, but currently separate, operations, powered by Bolero’s vision to bring seamless end-to-end experiences to the corporate treasury function and banks alike.
Creating immediate value for customers, this will provide a complete, end-to-end service through the entire lifecycle of an import/export deal. For the first time, from within Galileo a corporate customer wishing to conduct a transaction will be able to request and compare quotes from multiple banks on the pricing of risk mitigation and financing. This seamless service will continue through to the handling of the trade finance with the selected bank and the conduct of the transaction using paper and/or electronic documents on Galileo. Likewise, from a pre-trade request tendered on Mitigram to assess banks’ availability for risk cover and financing, a corporate customer will be able to issue instructions to its partner banks on Galileo achieving straight through execution.
Andrew Raymond, CEO, Bolero, comments “This partnership with Mitigram will deliver substantial added value for customers on both sides in a vitally important area. Bolero customers will find it far easier to access competitive financing and risk mitigation for special transactions and Mitigram customers will be able to conduct transactions on Galileo, enjoying all the huge advantages of Bolero’s advanced trade
digitisation solution, which is safer, smarter and faster.”
Milena Torciano, CEO, Mitigram, added “Combining Mitigram’s world-leading market network with Bolero’s new Galileo platform will bring customers what they have long wanted from the digitisation of trade, making day-to-day conduct of trade easier for corporates and banks alike and existing technology solutions interoperable. Our partnership with Bolero joins up two adjacent, but previously siloed processes, providing a genuinely seamless experience for corporate treasuries. By combining our two very extensive networks of partners and customers, we will drive adoption, removing the admin burden and lack of transparency from finance and risk in world trade.”
Bolero, an acknowledged expert in trade finance digitisation, launched its cutting-edge Galileo platform in February. Through advanced functionality, Galileo future-proofs digital trade services for corporate treasuries, transforming efficiency by enabling management of all credit lines with multiple banks through a single, consolidated view with a highly intuitive interface.
Seamless integration with banks and other third-party systems delivers end-to-end visibility enabling treasuries to use just one log-in to create, edit and manage multiple letters of credit, electronic presentations and guarantees, as well as open account transactions and electronic bills of lading.
Users can also opt to subscribe to value-added services in areas such as compliance and e-certificates of origin, reducing discrepancies, transforming financing, collaboration, pricing and reporting.
Bolero Trends(16 articles)