- FCA launches guidance for firms on the fair treatment of vulnerable customers
- Lloyds Bank says majority risk missing out on bank’s help when they need it most
- UK Finance: Promoting global trade in financial services is central to UK economic recovery
- "Investor confidence to skyrocket after lockdown roadmap announcement"- Luke Davis, CEO, IW Capital comments
- Banking industry-funded police unit cracks down on COVID-19 scams, preventing £20m of fraud in 2020
- HSBC Group Chief Executive Quinn reports on 2020 financials
- Barclays partners with Solactive to launch the Solactive Climate Change Europe BTI Index expired
- By 2030, Santander will align its power generation portfolio with the Paris Agreemen expired
- S&P Global publishes report: "Good Earning Capacity Gives Rated Banks In Emerging Markets A Buffer From COVID-19's Effects" expired
- LINE and Mizuho announce additional investment and change to management structure of LINE Bank Preparatory Company expired
- Project finance will survive a prolonged COVID-19 crisis beyond 2022 says Scope expired
- Moneyfacts says current account switching perks make a comeback expired
19th February 2021
Banco Santander México included in the "Sustainability Yearbook 2021" of S&P Global for its strong performance in ESG matters
Banco Santander México, one of Mexico's leading banks, has announced that it was the only Mexican bank to be included in the "Sustainability Yearbook 2021" of S&P Global, due to the advancement of its environmental, social and corporate governance ("ESG") practices. Additionally, it was named an "Industry Mover" for exceeding last year's score and for showing the strongest improvement in ESG matters in the financial sector.
"It is a global reality that sustainability criteria are increasingly decisive for investment and a requirement of the investment community. That is why at the Bank we have been committed for more than 15 years to ensuring our financing activities, transparency practices, corporate governance and impact on society contribute to the progress of individuals and businesses in balance with our environment, policies of which we are proud and which today distinguish us in the Mexican market," comments Marcela Espinosa Macías, Executive Director of Public Relations, Internal Communications and Responsible Banking at Banco Santander México.
For the 2021 yearbook, which is the most important of its kind on a global level, 7,032 businesses in 61 industries around the world were selected and evaluated, but only 631 companies were included in the yearbook, of which only 6 were Mexican businesses in different industries.
As a responsible bank, Banco Santander México takes into account the role of the bank in the promotion of economic activities that are compatible with the conservation of the environment and social equity, and for this reason, carries out its operations and internal processes, as part of its 2030 agenda, with the goal of generating continued and profitable progress in ESG matters.
Santander Trends(719 articles)
S&P Global Trends(39 articles)