- FCA launches guidance for firms on the fair treatment of vulnerable customers
- Lloyds Bank says majority risk missing out on bank’s help when they need it most
- UK Finance: Promoting global trade in financial services is central to UK economic recovery
- "Investor confidence to skyrocket after lockdown roadmap announcement"- Luke Davis, CEO, IW Capital comments
- Banking industry-funded police unit cracks down on COVID-19 scams, preventing £20m of fraud in 2020
- HSBC Group Chief Executive Quinn reports on 2020 financials
- Barclays partners with Solactive to launch the Solactive Climate Change Europe BTI Index expired
- By 2030, Santander will align its power generation portfolio with the Paris Agreemen expired
- S&P Global publishes report: "Good Earning Capacity Gives Rated Banks In Emerging Markets A Buffer From COVID-19's Effects" expired
- LINE and Mizuho announce additional investment and change to management structure of LINE Bank Preparatory Company expired
- Project finance will survive a prolonged COVID-19 crisis beyond 2022 says Scope expired
- Moneyfacts says current account switching perks make a comeback expired
19th February 2021
Atom collaborating with Plaid to roll out open banking services
Atom, the UK’s first app-based bank, is collaborating with Plaid, an Open Finance platform and data network that powers the digital financial ecosystem, to roll out open banking services to its customers, beginning with offering small business owners a streamlined loan application journey and speedier decisions. Plaid enables customers to securely share their banking data with Atom, enabling a quicker response to lending applications.
Initially Plaid will be working with Atom as part of a radical acceleration in the bank’s secured business lending process for both CBILS and non-CBILS applications. In addition to using Plaid’s consumer-permissioned open banking data for decisioning and underwriting, Atom will also be using Plaid’s Payment Initiation capabilities to streamline fee payments.
The introduction of Plaid into Atom’s technology platform will also underpin new direct to market smart savings and lending propositions. In conjunction with Atom’s unique smart contract technology and machine learning capabilities, Atom will be able to offer products that truly meet customer needs in real time.
Edward Twiddy Chief Customer Officer at Atom bank, comments “We always want to make things simple and easy for our customers and take away the hassle and frustration. This is why we’re so excited to work with Plaid as part of an exciting programme of new business banking product launches and service improvements in 2021. We’ve tripled the business lending on our balance sheet in the last 12 months whilst making big improvements to our propositions and services, and with partners such as Plaid on side we are on a really strong trajectory for continued growth in the years ahead.”
Keith Grose, Head of International at Plaid, added “When Open Banking first took shape, SMEs were largely ignored. Now three years in, we’re finally seeing innovative services emerge, like Atom, that solve their unique financial needs- and in an economic climate where they face bigger obstacles than ever before.”
Atom has been very active in supporting businesses through the economic impact of the pandemic by being one of a small number of banks to offer secured loans to new, and existing, customers through the Government-backed Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS).
Atom Bank Trends(6 articles)