- Lloyds says business confidence inches into positive territory, driven by hopes for economic revival
- Banking and finance industry supports almost 1.6 million businesses through COVID-19 loan schemes
- Bank of England publishes ‘Transforming Data Collection from the UK Financial Sector: A Plan for 2021 and beyond’
- UK Finance says Black Friday and national lockdown behind spike in online spending in November
- Anti-Money Laundering Directives ‘increase valuation of European banks’ says research
- The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) makes senior appointments to drive its transformation
- What trends will emerge from the banking industry this year?; Mark Aldred, banking specialist at Auriga comments expired
- NewDay launches credit building feature Aqua Coach, with tools and insights from TransUnion expired
- Fronted becomes second FinTech to launch on Yobota’s core banking platform expired
- Xero calls for urgent action as UK small business revenue continues to fall expired
- deVere says boomers and retirees embracing Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies expired
- Moneyfacts says first-time landlord opportunity rises in 2021 expired
23rd February 2021
Barclays partners with Solactive to launch the Solactive Climate Change Europe BTI Index
In partnership with Solactive, Barclays have announced the launch of the Solactive Climate Change Europe BTI index. Returns of the new index are available to clients through products exclusively offered by Barclays. The index has been designed to meet the needs of investors looking to explore investment opportunities arising from the global move to a lower-carbon economy.
Using ‘right. based on science’s’ unique scientific data, the index tracks and invests in European companies which are aligned with a 2°C global warming scenario through to 2050 and maximizes investor exposure to companies with emission reduction targets.
The index is also designed to enhance return profiles by applying additional smart beta filters, only including stocks with both lower volatility and a consistent track record of growing dividends.
Arnaud Heckenroth, Head of Equities Structuring EMEA, at Barclays, comments “Climate-aware investment strategies have never been so important and Barclays is proud to have worked with Solactive to provide this efficient investment solution, uniquely aligned with the objective of the Paris Agreement to keep the increase in global average temperature to below 2°C above pre-industrial levels.”
The index is created, updated, maintained and published by Solactive AG, a German index provider. Timo Pfeiffer, Chief Markets Officer, at Solactive, added “With ESG as the main trend in the markets, it is fair to say that climate transition strategies are those in the spotlight. Working with two close partners, the teams at Barclays and right.based on science with their innovative climate data, resulted in this first ever index with degree Celsius targets.”
The Solactive right. Climate AVG Target Europe Index calculates the contribution of companies, to climate change under different scenarios up to 2050, amounting to 260 constituents out of a universe of 600 of the largest European companies.
Solactive operates globally. Since 2007, Solactive have been developing tailor-made and multi-asset class index solutions for ETFs and other index-linked investment products with leading global investment banks and asset managers. Further information can be found at Solactive.com.
Barclays Trends(1,005 articles)