- Westfield Health research indicates a fifth of finance professionals struggling to adjust to new ways of working and in need of wellbing support
- The need for employers to provide for increased flexibility in order to maintain the UK's increased productivity in the labour market-Chris Biggs of Theta Global Advisors, discusses
- New study reveals inefficient tracing cost each UK business more than £660,000
- Lockdown sparks surge in young investors says Halifax
- Businesses advised to be cautious amidst forecast surge in insolvencies
- Mambu research reveals global consumers are hesitant to use Open Banking
- Coinbase IPO: Bitcoin investors must expect more government scrutiny of crypto says deVere expired
- SmartSearch comments on proposals by the EU to launch a five-year plan to tackle money laundering expired
- Bolero International announces major partnership with Virtusa for white-labelled trade finance portal-as-a-service solution Galileo TPaaS for Banks. expired
- Fintern raises £32m to expand access to affordable loans in the UK expired
- Santander and Prosegur Cash team up to launch ground-breaking, in-store digital cash management solution expired
- The inaugural Santander Technology Scholarships/IBM Digital Experience will reskill or upskill participants to boost their employability expired
6th April 2021
Juniper Research indicates conversational commerce channels to facilitate spending of over $290bn globally by 2025
A new study from Juniper Research has found the total spend over conversational commerce channels will reach $290bn by 2025; rising from $41bn billion in 2021. This represents a rise of 590% over the next four years. It predicts communications platforms that provide the connection between brands and end users will be crucial in increasing the adoption of conversational commerce channels.
The new study, "Conversational Commerce: Market Outlook, Emerging Opportunities & Forecasts 2021-2025 PDF Report" highlighted that the ability to offer conversational commerce as a component of an omnichannel retail strategy will increase confidence in the channels amongst retailers. This enables these retailers to expand their reach, whilst allowing a fallback on more established commerce channels. Conversational commerce leverages AI to automate retail transac! tions and payments through channels including chatbots, messaging and digital voice assistants.
The research predicts that three countries would account for over 90% of chatbot spend by 2025:
Messaging apps popular in these countries, such as WeChat, LINE and Kakao Talk, have all established chatbot ecosystems in which retailers play a significant role in the development of chatbot and conversational commerce functionality.
The report urges emerging conversational commerce channels to emulate the chatbots ecosystems in these countries. To maximise the potential of other conversational commerce channels, such as voice commerce and RCS messaging, it recommends that retailers and communications platforms explore the possibility of a revenue-sharing model, in which a small proportion of the transaction value is paid to the conversational commerce service provider.
Research author Sam Barker comments "Revenue-sharing models will enable conversational commerce channels to monetise their services by levying costs on brands and enterprises, rather than the end users themselves. This revenue can be used to improve commerce channels to generate further investment from brands and enterprises."
Whitepaper Download at: https://www.juniperresearch.com/document-library/white-papers/how-conversational-commerce-will-make-its-voice
Conversational Commerce market research: https://www.juniperresearch.com/researchstore/operators-providers/conversational-commerce-research-report
Juniper Trends(61 articles)
AI Trends(167 mentions in Banking Newslink)
Market information & research(4033 articles)