- Market Report: UK GDP falls 0.6% in June, but better than feared-Hargreaves Lansdown
- New research from Allianz Trade looks at impact of reducing non-tariff trade barriers on inflation
- Majority of business leaders struggling to get staff back to the office -InfinitSpace
- A third of UK SMEs set to fold without further funding, new study reveals-NerdWallet
- Soft POS user base to grow 475% globally by 2027, as Apple’s entry catalyses the market
- What an interest rate hike means for savers?-Claro Money
- Signs the end of a US bear market has arrived-Hargreaves Lansdown Market Report expired
- With alignment, burgeoning crypto regulatory proposals could lower financial instability risk and promote wider adoption-Moody's expired
- Buy now pay later(BNPL) users to reach over 900m globally by 2027, driven by low cost of credit expired
- Post-Brexit cross-border trade and investment calls for stronger financial infrastructure-JPIN expired
- KeyBank selects BlueSnap for expanded payment gateway options to facilitate Cross Border eCommerce expired
- Apex Group rolls out EDB digital banking platform expired
1st July 2022
New workflows in Pega Smart Dispute help banks handle the evolving payment landscape
Pegasystems has announced new capabilities for Pega Smart Dispute for Issuers. This latest update to Pega’s merchant dispute and fraud claim application includes new workflows for resolving the increasing number of non-plastic claims along with expanded coverage for American Express and Zelle payment exceptions.
Disruption in the payments market continues to rapidly accelerate with many new technology entrants, coupled with increasing instances of fraud. According to the most recent Capgemini World Payments Report, by 2025 more than 25% of the payment mix will be non-traditional.1Banks need a single solution to support dispute management for all payment types to help adapt to these changes and simplify claims management. These institutions also need flexibility to enable scalable operations while staying in compliance and delivering exceptional customer experiences. Banks that are unable to accommodate new payment types tend to resort to manual processes that can lead to major back-office inefficiencies, increased costs, and regulatory compliance violations.
Pegasystems says its Pega Smart Dispute is the only application built on an industry-leading low-code platform2 that processes American Express, Visa, and Mastercard dispute rules, as well as new payment types such as Zelle out of the box. The new enhancements also include a Payment Exceptions Recovery(PER) workflow that can be configured in just weeks to automate the intake, processing, and resolution for other new payment types such as Venmo and Cash App-roviding faster time to value than other solutions currently in the market.
Smart Dispute streamlines and automates merchandise disputes and fraud claims with:
-Guided processing of disputes across the customer lifecycle: Pega’s step-by-step guidance for customer dispute processing helps improve resolution speed for bank agents and customers while increasing first contact resolution rates and reducing errors.
-Automatic updates for American Express, Visa, and Mastercard: New dispute rules, including integration to Visa VROL and Mastercard MCOM, are updated bi-annually to help keep merchants on top of the latest changes.
-Regional compliance support SLAs for consumer protection regulations: This helps yield better compliance with less manual management for consumer protection regulations such as U – Reg E & Z, Canada C-86, and UK Section 75.
--Support for ACH and Zelle: With dedicated workflows and additional payment types, customers can benefit from a unified solution built on an extensible model workflow.
-Enhanced automation features: From straight-through processing to task automation capabilities like correspondence, accounting, and case closure, Pega improves productivity and reduces delays associated with manual work.
Pega Smart Dispute for Issuers governs payment dispute and exception processes throughout their lifecycle in all channels – managing all aspects of this unique moment of truth in banking. Retail banks and card issuers can simplify consumer dispute and fraud claim operations to increase efficiency, customer satisfaction, and compliance.
Pega Smart Dispute is now generally available, and the PER workflow is available for download on Pega Marketplace starting this week.
“Pega Smart Dispute has been the global leader in dispute management for almost two decades,” said Steve Morgan, banking industry market Lead, Pega. “With this latest release and the new Payment Exception Recovery(PER) workflow, clients can quickly adapt to handle exceptions from the latest payment types in the same trusted solution as traditional payments. This helps build more efficiencies to navigate the changing payment landscape while still delivering exceptional service to retain the trust and loyalty of customers.”
Pegasyatems Trends(75 artticles)