- European reinsurers' 2017 results support Fitch Ratings' view of the sector's resilience to catastrophe losses
- Global Data reports that over 30% of UK consumers say they would purchase some form of insurance product from alternative providers such as Google, Apple, Facebook, and Amazon
- UK Comprehensive car insurance premiums continued to fall during the first quarter
- ABI responds positively to PRA's proposed change of position on the use of dynamic VA and external audit requirements
- PPL goes live for accident and health classes
- AXIS Capital launches Cyber Center of Excellence
- Beazley reports that cloud-based office solutions are coming under increasing attack from cyber-criminals expired
- Lockton appoints EVP- Chief Digital Officer expired
- Marsh, with IBM, ACORD, and ISN, announces the first commercial blockchain solution for proof of insurance expired
- ConTe.it, Admiral's Italian brand, deploys Guidewire solutions expired
- Konsileo commercial broker InsurTech secures £2.7m in funding expired
- Generali closes sale of operations in Columbia and Panama expired
10th January 2018
MS Amlin creates new Bermuda-domiciled special purpose reinsurer Viribus Re
MS Amlin has announced that a new Bermuda-domiciled special purpose reinsurer, Viribus Re Ltd, has been created to provide collateralised capacity support for MS Amlin Syndicate 2001’s global reinsurance portfolio in 2018.
Viribus Re Ltd has entered into a quota share agreement with MS Amlin, incepting 1st January 2018, under which it will reinsure a share of MS Amlin’s worldwide property catastrophe excess of loss portfolio.
The vehicle has secured commitments of more than $60m. Capital has been committed by a number of third party investors, including MS Amlin, which has committed $5m. The combination of new investors in Viribus Re, alongside existing capital structures and partners, strengthens MS Amlin’s position as a leading global (re)insurer.
James Few, Global managing director of Reinsurance at MS Amlin, comments “This is an important long-term strategic initiative for MS Amlin as we continue to seek ways to build capacity and relationships with capital market partners, whilst providing us with greater scope and flexibility to support the evolving needs of our clients. We are delighted to have secured funding for Viribus Re Ltd from a range of new partners whom we look forward to working with closely in the future."
Mitsui Sumitomo Trends(150 articles)