- PRA and FCA consults on expectations for the management of financial risks from climate change
- AIR Worldwide estimates industry insured losses from Hurricane Michael at $6bn to $10bn
- LMA’s satellite imagery and intelligence service speeding up assessment and payment of Hurricane Florence and Michael claims
- US P&C insurers more than double first half after tax net income
- Nine insurance associations across the world write jointly to IASB to suggest a two year delay needed to implement IFRS 17 successfully
- IUA reports increase of 16% to £26.314bn in gross written premiums for 2017
- UK Comprehensive car insurance premiums rise 1%-Brexit might delay Civil LIabilities Act introduction expired
- ACORD announces the winners of the 2018 ACORD InsurTech Innovation Challenge(AIIC) expired
- 2018.2 release of Guidewire InsurancePlatform announced expired
- Treaty reinsurance goes live on PPL to complete class roll out expired
- Ardonagh to sell Direct Group's claims business to Davies Group expired
- Ergo Group to sell its Russian life book to Rosgosstrakh expired
10th January 2018
MS Amlin creates new Bermuda-domiciled special purpose reinsurer Viribus Re
MS Amlin has announced that a new Bermuda-domiciled special purpose reinsurer, Viribus Re Ltd, has been created to provide collateralised capacity support for MS Amlin Syndicate 2001’s global reinsurance portfolio in 2018.
Viribus Re Ltd has entered into a quota share agreement with MS Amlin, incepting 1st January 2018, under which it will reinsure a share of MS Amlin’s worldwide property catastrophe excess of loss portfolio.
The vehicle has secured commitments of more than $60m. Capital has been committed by a number of third party investors, including MS Amlin, which has committed $5m. The combination of new investors in Viribus Re, alongside existing capital structures and partners, strengthens MS Amlin’s position as a leading global (re)insurer.
James Few, Global managing director of Reinsurance at MS Amlin, comments “This is an important long-term strategic initiative for MS Amlin as we continue to seek ways to build capacity and relationships with capital market partners, whilst providing us with greater scope and flexibility to support the evolving needs of our clients. We are delighted to have secured funding for Viribus Re Ltd from a range of new partners whom we look forward to working with closely in the future."
Mitsui Sumitomo Trends(150 articles)