- More than 7,000 jobs to go as Deutsche Bank finalises its equities business review
- Overdraft fees still worse than a payday loan, warns Which?
- Bank of America issues fourth and largest corporate green bond
- Banks more concerned with technology-driven trends than regulation, says report
- Price of flats climbs £1,250 a month, says Halifax
- Mastercard launches Accelerate to continue helping Fintechs
- Customer’s right to be forgotten under GDPR an opportunity for banks, says Optimove expired
- Ulster Bank supports Balmoral Show in its 150th year expired
- Cambridge & Counties secures ENABLE Guarantee from British Business Bank expired
- Barclays appoints new research role expired
- Latest jobs data show finance sector remains strong expired
- KeyBank "Outstanding" rating from OCC on community reinvestment act exam expired
13th February 2018
FAB secures licence to establish investment banking subsidiary in Saudi Arabia
First Abu Dhabi Bank (FAB) has secured a licence from the Capital Market Authority (CMA) to establish an investment banking subsidiary in Saudi Arabia – ‘FAB Investment KSA’.
The subsidiary is wholly owned by FAB and will provide arranging and advisory services throughout the Kingdom to both KSA corporate clients and institutions looking to access international markets. It will enable FAB to grow stronger and to enhance its regional presence.
Abdulhamid Saeed, Group CEO of FAB, said: “This is a landmark development for both FAB Group and our market-leading Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB) franchise, which opens up significant opportunities for our customers to grow.
“This development will strengthen FAB’s ability to tap into one of the largest economies and capital markets in the MENA region. As a leader in the investment banking sector, we look forward to bringing our comprehensive product suite to KSA clients as well as those looking to access the Saudi and international markets.
“The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is widely regarded as a catalyst to ignite further economic growth across the GCC and we are delighted that ‘FAB Investment KSA’ is now licenced to operate in the Kingdom. I would like to highlight that establishing this subsidiary will further cement the strong relationship which exists between the UAE and Saudi Arabia in the financial sector.”