- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- Kennedys survey "Brexit and the Insurance Sector: Towards 2020 and Beyond" makes a case for the insurance industry to have a stronger say
- Marsh releases Global Insurance Market Index for the second quarter-property rates up, casualty down
- EIOPA is now a member of Sustainable Insurance Forum(SIF)
- Zurich on target-net income up 19%
- Lillelund to be CEO of new entity AIG Europe
- Bahrain-based SNIC Insurance selects TCS BaNCS for Insurance solution expired
- Ageas delivers "strong insurance net result" at half way says CEO De Smet expired
- Hastings Group adjusted operating profit up 22%-technology playing its part expired
- Legal & General first half operating profit up 7%-increases in 5 out of 6 businesses expired
- Manulife "strong earnings" in second quarter expired
- Suncorp to sell life book to TAL Dai-ichi Life-to enter 20-year strategic alliance agreement expired
16th May 2018
Insurance Europe responds to EIOPA consultation on corrections and amendments to the implementing technical standards(ITS) for Solvency II
Insurance Europe has responded to the European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority’s(EIOPA) consultation on corrections and amendments to the implementing technical standards(ITS) for Solvency II reporting and disclosure, which included more than 300 new validations.
Insurance Europe said it would be difficult to implement these new validations in time for Q4 reporting, particularly for complex groups. Therefore, Insurance Europe proposes that the new validations should not be obligatory for the first year of application, and only become obligatory in the second year.
In addition, Insurance Europe welcomed the fact that EIOPA included some Q&As in the ITS. However, because EIOPA did not include all relevant Q&As in the ITS, Insurance Europe called for this to be addressed.
Insurance Europe Trends(142 articles)
EIOPA Trends(326 articles)
Solvency II Trends(1,508 mentions in Insurance Newslink)