- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- AIG Europe research indicates potential rise in cyber claims as GDPR comes into force
- Marsh report says captive insurance vehicles are rapidly growing in popularity as risk managers seek alternative ways to finance emerging risks
- UNIQA's Brandstetter new President of Insurance Europe
- Insurance Europe's new president Brandstetter makes inaugural speech at federation's 10th International Insurance Conference
- Townley to chair ABI Prudential Regulation Committee
- IFB announces new Chair and three additional Board members expired
- Allstate reports on progress with Amelia, an AI customer interface assistance platform expired
- ChainThat announces strategic partnership with Send Technology to make it easier for re/insurers to adopt blockchain and DLT technologies expired
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia sells equity interest in BoComm Life to Mitsui Sumitomo expired
- PartnerRe first quarter impacted by net unrealized investment losses of approximately $222m-underwriting result improved expired
- Canopius appoints Ott as Head of Reinsurance for Continental Europe expired
16th May 2018
Insurance Europe responds to EIOPA consultation on corrections and amendments to the implementing technical standards(ITS) for Solvency II
Insurance Europe has responded to the European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority’s(EIOPA) consultation on corrections and amendments to the implementing technical standards(ITS) for Solvency II reporting and disclosure, which included more than 300 new validations.
Insurance Europe said it would be difficult to implement these new validations in time for Q4 reporting, particularly for complex groups. Therefore, Insurance Europe proposes that the new validations should not be obligatory for the first year of application, and only become obligatory in the second year.
In addition, Insurance Europe welcomed the fact that EIOPA included some Q&As in the ITS. However, because EIOPA did not include all relevant Q&As in the ITS, Insurance Europe called for this to be addressed.
Insurance Europe Trends(142 articles)
EIOPA Trends(326 articles)
Solvency II Trends(1,508 mentions in Insurance Newslink)