- Swiss Re Institute's annual SONAR report features 15 emerging risk themes and 5 emerging trend spotlights the re/insurance industry needs to have on its radar
- PRA publish "A framework for assessing financial impacts of physical climate change: A practitioner’s aide for the general insurance sector"
- PRA issues "Solvency II: Maintenance of the transitional measure on technical provisions - CP11/19"
- Insurance Europe publishes 2018-2019 Annual Report
- £30m unsettled insurance claim could save British Steel from going into administration says Mactavish
- Accelerated delivery of leading-edge technology capabilities key theme at Guidewire Europe Conference
- AnaCap takes a majority stake in SundhedsGruppen expired
- Madison Dearborn Partners(MDP) and HPS Investment Partners(HPS) have agreed to acquire shares in The Ardonagh Group for a total consideration of £92m expired
- Ariel Re appoints O'Flynn head of professional lines and casualty treaty underwriting–Bermuda expired
- Beazley appoints Spessard to head the team responsible for handling claims arising from the company's fast growing environmental liability business expired
- CNA Hardy announces significant enhancements to its Cyber proposition with a new pre-breach service and vital additional coverages expired
- Greenlight Re Innovations makes a strategic investment in FairClaims, an online insurance and consumer dispute resolution startup expired
13th June 2018
PPL announces Aviation classes live on placing platform
The board of PPL Ltd has announced that the Aviation classes of business(other than verticalised placements) went live on the platform yesterday.
Bronek Masojada, chairman of the PPL Board comments "With only reinsurance and verticalised placements left to go, this latest release means that underwriters and brokers are able to quote and bind risks across most of the markets. This is key to our goal to drive adoption from current levels to 30% of London risks by the end of 2018.
The data in recent weeks show an uptick in activity, with the last day of May seeing more users logged on than ever before. We hope that the considerable activity between market practitioners across different classes of business to help them agree the processes around using the platform will build on this trend. However, there needs to be a greater focus on using the platform from the first submission so that our clients can benefit from a fully digitised market.”
LMG Trends(76 articles)