- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- Novidea breaking the mould
- Fitch reports Spanish insurance sector appears to have good prospects for profitable growth
- Global Federation of Insurance Associations(GFIA) publishes Annual Report for 2017-18
- GFIA elects Arias as President and announces new executive committee appointments
- CII appoints International Director
- Lloyd's appoints Maidment as independent non-executive of the Lloyd's Board from February expired
- European Supervisory Authorities(ESAs) issue a consultation paper on targeted amendments to the Delegated Regulation covering the rules for the Key Information Document(KID) for Packaged Retail and Insurance-based Investment Products (PRIIPs) expired
- JLT shareholders overwhelmingly approve Marsh & McLennan’s agreement to acquire the broker expired
- AIR's Touchstone catastrophe modelling solution chosen by Arch Worldwide expired
- US InsurTech Pricing Platform aims to transform commercial property underwriting with its flagship app U1 expired
- Willis Towers Watson providing Ticker, a new telematics insurer launching in early 2019, with the latest version of its Radar pricing software expired
11th July 2018
CII appoints Director of Insuring Futures-Helen White will lead first stage of "Insuring Women's Futures" programme
The Chartered Insurance Institute(CII) has bolstered its Insuring Futures programme with the appointment of Helen White as director of Insuring Futures. Helen will be responsible for leading the first stage of the programme, ‘Insuring Women’s Futures’ to improve the financial resilience, independence and security of women across society. The Insuring Futures programme was established by the CII to bring together the insurance and financial planning professions to improve financial resilience.
White will be responsible for leading market collaborations to develop new strategies which help to increase public awareness and address the Risks and Financial gaps that so evidently exist in modern society.
She joins the CII from the Money Advice Service, where she was head of Financial Capability. She led the launch and delivery of a national Financial Capability Strategy to empower people across the UK to make the most of their money and achieve greater well-being as a result. Prior to this, she spent time working in government, leading policy and legislative change on international tax and share-based earnings, nine years at the ABI leading various areas of market policy and strategy for the industry, and four years at the European Commission.
Sian Fisher, ceo of Chartered Insurance Institute, comments “The Insuring Futures programme was created to challenge accepted convention and drive education and innovation to ensure insurance and financial planning products fully respond to the risks faced by society. Helen will play a key role in driving this forward and we are very excited to have her on board. The skills and experience that she brings with her will be a huge asset as we develop and deliver our Insuring Futures initiative.”
CII Trends(247 articles)