- The Chartered Insurance Institute-a moving experience
- Marsh & McLennan moves for JLT
- AIR Worldwide estimates industry insured losses resulting from Hurricane Florence’s winds and storm surge will range from $1.7bn to $4.6bn-excluding impact of ongoing unprecedented flooding
- Willis Re annual Silent Cyber Risk Outlook global survey indicates insurers are expecting increased cyber-related losses across all business lines over the next 12-months
- PRA issues consultation paper related to the extension of the Senior Managers and Certification Regime(SM&CR) to insurers
- FCA closes remaining investigations into life insurance sector without taking enforcement action
- Insurance Europe responds to EC proposal for a review of the 2009 Motor Insurance Directive(MID) expired
- Co-operators launches new digital insurance product in two months through Slice Labs Insurance Cloud Service expired
- Aviva completes share buyback prgramme expired
- AXA IM moving to the next phase of its commitment to strengthen Responsible Investment (RI) capabilities expired
- Conning publishes US Life-Annuity Consumer Markets Annual expired
- Five-year dairy farmer microinsurance project launched in Kenya-supported by ICMIF members expired
11th July 2018
CII appoints Director of Insuring Futures-Helen White will lead first stage of "Insuring Women's Futures" programme
The Chartered Insurance Institute(CII) has bolstered its Insuring Futures programme with the appointment of Helen White as director of Insuring Futures. Helen will be responsible for leading the first stage of the programme, ‘Insuring Women’s Futures’ to improve the financial resilience, independence and security of women across society. The Insuring Futures programme was established by the CII to bring together the insurance and financial planning professions to improve financial resilience.
White will be responsible for leading market collaborations to develop new strategies which help to increase public awareness and address the Risks and Financial gaps that so evidently exist in modern society.
She joins the CII from the Money Advice Service, where she was head of Financial Capability. She led the launch and delivery of a national Financial Capability Strategy to empower people across the UK to make the most of their money and achieve greater well-being as a result. Prior to this, she spent time working in government, leading policy and legislative change on international tax and share-based earnings, nine years at the ABI leading various areas of market policy and strategy for the industry, and four years at the European Commission.
Sian Fisher, ceo of Chartered Insurance Institute, comments “The Insuring Futures programme was created to challenge accepted convention and drive education and innovation to ensure insurance and financial planning products fully respond to the risks faced by society. Helen will play a key role in driving this forward and we are very excited to have her on board. The skills and experience that she brings with her will be a huge asset as we develop and deliver our Insuring Futures initiative.”
CII Trends(247 articles)