- Lloyd's/Deloitte consumer research indicates sharing is widespread but tremendous growth opportunity still exists
- US P&C insurers more than double net income in first quarter according to ISO/PCI report
- UK motor insurance premiums continue to drop says latest Confused.com Car Insurance Price Index
- EIOPA publishes report on "Failures and near misses in insurance: Overview of the causes and early identification"
- Insurance Europe responds to European Commission’s consultation on technical standards for drones and conditions for their use
- Swiss Re Corporate Solutions' latest publication focuses on new satellite constellations and their impact on the increasingly dynamic space environment
- CII survey indicates significant gender pay gap expired
- HIscox publishes first of a series of Cyber Claims reports expired
- TMK to partner with NTT DATA UK to provide Robotic Process Automation(RPA) services expired
- OneWorld Instech established expired
- Digital Risks InsurTech raises £2.25m in investment round expired
- Shift Technology's claims fraud detection solution FORCE chosen by Assurant expired
11th July 2018
CII appoints Director of Insuring Futures-Helen White will lead first stage of "Insuring Women's Futures" programme
The Chartered Insurance Institute(CII) has bolstered its Insuring Futures programme with the appointment of Helen White as director of Insuring Futures. Helen will be responsible for leading the first stage of the programme, ‘Insuring Women’s Futures’ to improve the financial resilience, independence and security of women across society. The Insuring Futures programme was established by the CII to bring together the insurance and financial planning professions to improve financial resilience.
White will be responsible for leading market collaborations to develop new strategies which help to increase public awareness and address the Risks and Financial gaps that so evidently exist in modern society.
She joins the CII from the Money Advice Service, where she was head of Financial Capability. She led the launch and delivery of a national Financial Capability Strategy to empower people across the UK to make the most of their money and achieve greater well-being as a result. Prior to this, she spent time working in government, leading policy and legislative change on international tax and share-based earnings, nine years at the ABI leading various areas of market policy and strategy for the industry, and four years at the European Commission.
Sian Fisher, ceo of Chartered Insurance Institute, comments “The Insuring Futures programme was created to challenge accepted convention and drive education and innovation to ensure insurance and financial planning products fully respond to the risks faced by society. Helen will play a key role in driving this forward and we are very excited to have her on board. The skills and experience that she brings with her will be a huge asset as we develop and deliver our Insuring Futures initiative.”
CII Trends(247 articles)