- The CMA to investigate the proposed MUFG/DVB merger
- Banks need to buck their ideas up and improve their technology, says Infosys
- BBC figures show Barclays tops list of banks with most IT shutdowns
- Santander Brazil tops Fortune 2019 list for retail and commercial banking
- Fintech mega-deals lead to record transaction value in 1H2019, reveals Hampleton report
- UK Finance publishes regional mortgage trends for Q2 2019
- Trinity Financial Services selects ISGN's technology platforms expired
- UK homeowners could avoid £6k in interest by overpaying mortgage, finds comparethemarket.com expired
- Axiom offers clients new, white-label prepaid card programmes expired
- UK FIs and Irish Fintechs demonstrate the benefits of collaboration expired
- Mastercard expands global relationship with Riot Games expired
- OneSavings Bank announces another strong set of results expired
9th November 2018
deVere launches actively managed cryptocurrency solution
A pioneering actively managed cryptocurrency solution has been launched. The deVere Group has founded the deVere Digital Asset Funds, a suite of digital currency solutions for experienced investors, in association with Dalma Capital Management, a hedge fund manager in the Dubai International Financial Centre.
Nigel Green, founder and CEO of deVere Group, said: “Cryptocurrencies are now undeniably part of mainstream finance. Their momentum continues to gain traction as both retail and institutional investors increasingly value the need and demand for digital, global currencies in today’s ever-more digitalised and globalised world.
“The crypto market continues to expand considerably, with mass adoption on the horizon. These actively managed cryptocurrency solutions address growing demand by clients who want the potential associated benefits of exposure to the digital currency sector - which typically include portfolio diversification and decent returns - but with reduced volatility for which the market is known.
“The deVere Digital Asset solution will invest in a diversified portfolio of digital assets via algorithmic trading over different platforms – including crypto-currency exchanges and OTC markets – as well as arbitrage opportunities.
“Through a ground-breaking algorithmic system, when the price of one asset, for instance Bitcoin or Ethereum, is greater on one platform than on another, the opportunity is identified to generate profit from the difference of price across platforms. These trades, referred to as arbitrage, allow profits to be generated with little or no directional market risk.”
The deVere Digital Asset Platform is to be showcased at the forthcoming Alternative Investment Management (AIM) Summit taking place in Dubai on 26-27 November at the Ritz Carlton hotel.