- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- Allianz to acquire automobile and other p&c operations from SulAmérica in Brazil
- FCA says Claims Management Companies must raise advertising standards
- GlobalData research highlights travel insurance purchase through a bank account is well established and is likely to grow
- GlobalData survey indicates high use of telematics by younger drivers but they still pay more than double the average premium
- MS Amlin commences trading risks on Whitespace
- ISMIE Mutual, a US specialized provider of medical professional liability insurance, selects Duck Creek Suite to replace core systems expired
- Sapiens ClaimsGo workers' comp solution selected by SI Medical expired
- Shift Technology joins Guidewire PartnerConnect as a Solution partner expired
- Geneva Association Ernst Meyer Prize granted to two participants expired
- HDI Global announces Betz appointment to Management Board to continue generation change policy expired
- China Life reports half year financials-improved return all round expired
7th November 2018
Insurance Europe welcomes IAIS changes to its proposals for a ComFrame for the supervision of Internationally Active Insurance Groups(IAIGs)
Europe’s insurers have welcomed changes made by the International Association of Insurance Supervisors(IAIS) to its proposals for a Common Framework(ComFrame) for the supervision of Internationally Active Insurance Groups (IAIGs).
In particular, the IAIS’ efforts to clarify how requirements apply across an IAIG are welcome. However, additional guidance is needed on what approach should be taken if the group-wide and legal entity supervisors have different expectations.
In its response to an IAIS consultation on ComFrame, Insurance Europe said it generally supports the ComFrame material and the IAIS’ proposed guidance, however a number of concerns were raised with respect to overlapping issues and lack of consistency between specific insurance core principles(ICPs), overly detailed and prescriptive governance requirements and requests for further clarification.
Insurance Europe reiterated the need for proportionality to be an overarching principle in ICPs and ComFrame, adding that proportionality needs to be introduced to several provisions throughout the ICPs.
Insurance Europe Trends(159 articles)
IAIS Trends(136 articles)