- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- Insurance Europe responds to EIOPA on sustainability in Pillar I of Solvency II
- PRA publishes feedback on Consultation Paper on "Solvency II: Group own fund availability"
- Insurance Europe responds to European Commission’s consultation on its fitness check of the Floods Directive
- Prudential impresses-Asia growth continues
- Generali net profit up 9.4% in 2018-new strategic plan highlights investing in profitable growth, innovation and digital transformation
- Aon establishes strategic alliance with InsurTech Zesty.ai expired
- Charles Taylor CEO Marock reports "significant progress on executing our strategic objectives" expired
- Donegal Insurance Group extend Guidewire solutions by selecting InsurancePlatform Core and Data products expired
- Just Group new business profits up expired
- Channel appoints Ackland as Chief Commercial Officer of the London platform expired
- Hamilton to acquire Pembroke Managing Agency platform at Lloyd’s and Ironshore Europe DAC (IEDAC) from Liberty Mutual expired
7th November 2018
Insurance Europe welcomes IAIS changes to its proposals for a ComFrame for the supervision of Internationally Active Insurance Groups(IAIGs)
Europe’s insurers have welcomed changes made by the International Association of Insurance Supervisors(IAIS) to its proposals for a Common Framework(ComFrame) for the supervision of Internationally Active Insurance Groups (IAIGs).
In particular, the IAIS’ efforts to clarify how requirements apply across an IAIG are welcome. However, additional guidance is needed on what approach should be taken if the group-wide and legal entity supervisors have different expectations.
In its response to an IAIS consultation on ComFrame, Insurance Europe said it generally supports the ComFrame material and the IAIS’ proposed guidance, however a number of concerns were raised with respect to overlapping issues and lack of consistency between specific insurance core principles(ICPs), overly detailed and prescriptive governance requirements and requests for further clarification.
Insurance Europe reiterated the need for proportionality to be an overarching principle in ICPs and ComFrame, adding that proportionality needs to be introduced to several provisions throughout the ICPs.
Insurance Europe Trends(159 articles)
IAIS Trends(136 articles)