- UK Finance CEO responds to Which? letter regarding the launch of the Authorised Push Payment Scam Voluntary Code(the Code)
- S&P Global Ratings publishes report headed "Islamic Finance And ESG: The Missing 'S "
- A group of banks join with SWIFT to test real-time gpi cross-border payments in Europe through the Eurosystem’s TARGET Instant Payments Settlement (TIPS)
- HSBC is adopting Globality’s innovative AI-based platform for sourcing and procurement of services
- lastminute.com working with Mastercard and Divido on a new instalment payment solution when booking travel
- Banking Trojans increasingly problematic for businesses says cyber experts Beazley
- Currencycloud and start-up Evarvest in new partnership expired
- Habito CEO comments “Despite house prices slowing down, recent Habito research shows cost is the biggest concern for would-be buyers across the UK" expired
- Marqeta $260m funding announced expired
- Monese brings Apple Pay in further markets to its customers expired
- Monzo reaches two million customer level expired
- Paragon's Asset finance business continues to grow its loan book expired
7th December 2018
Ohpen launches new API portal to reduce IT implementation time
Cloud-based, core banking provider Ohpen, has launched the Ohpen API Portal (OAP) in beta. OAP allows banks, insurance companies, and asset managers to easily assemble the products and services they would like to use, generate code and apply it in their online or mobile banking sites. This reduces time to market of API integration by up to 40 per cent for new features and functionalities – or for even launching a whole new bank.
Since its start in 2009, Ohpen was one of the first to follow a full-scale API strategy, enabling easy integration in new and legacy architectures. The Ohpen API Portal features a development console where all process operations required to run a bank can be explored. The console offers a sandbox that simulates the client’s technical landscape where these operations can be built, tried, and tested. These operations can be easily integrated in any application and website, in the knowledge that they have been tested and actually work.
The Ohpen API portal and the Ohpen Platform, both being cloud-native, are real-time synced. New features and releases in the Ohpen Platform are immediately available to software developers who use the Ohpen API Portal. The development console works for software engineers and product owners. When both user types are aligned, this makes core banking IT transformations simpler.
Erik Drijkoningen, Ohpen’s director of product development, said: “Providing our clients with the ability to assemble blocks of API calls that they can easily integrate in their own applications, whether it is internet or mobile banking, just works. Time to market of new releases, adding extra functionalities, or deploying a whole new investment or savings bank can now be done much faster and better improving reliability - all to the benefit of the retail customer.”