- Vocalink to modernise Peruvian electronic payments infrastructure
- Société Générale to open clearing capability for derivatives and OTCs in Paris
- iwoca adds Barclays and HSBC to Open Banking connections
- UK regulator grants electronic money licence to Airwallex
- MoneyGram launches new mobile app in 14 countries
- Revolut granted specialised bank and electronic money institution licences
- KeyBank launches Initial Opportunity Zone Fund for affordable housing expired
- Competitive market drives highest rate of remortgaging in a decade, says UK Finance expired
- Shri Shaktikanta Das appointed new Governor of Indian central bank expired
- Danske is first NI bank to launch Open Banking feature expired
- Demand for chief technology officers in financial services sector set to soar expired
- Zeux to list Hedera's native HBAR token in its digital payment wallet expired
7th December 2018
Ohpen launches new API portal to reduce IT implementation time
Cloud-based, core banking provider Ohpen, has launched the Ohpen API Portal (OAP) in beta. OAP allows banks, insurance companies, and asset managers to easily assemble the products and services they would like to use, generate code and apply it in their online or mobile banking sites. This reduces time to market of API integration by up to 40 per cent for new features and functionalities – or for even launching a whole new bank.
Since its start in 2009, Ohpen was one of the first to follow a full-scale API strategy, enabling easy integration in new and legacy architectures. The Ohpen API Portal features a development console where all process operations required to run a bank can be explored. The console offers a sandbox that simulates the client’s technical landscape where these operations can be built, tried, and tested. These operations can be easily integrated in any application and website, in the knowledge that they have been tested and actually work.
The Ohpen API portal and the Ohpen Platform, both being cloud-native, are real-time synced. New features and releases in the Ohpen Platform are immediately available to software developers who use the Ohpen API Portal. The development console works for software engineers and product owners. When both user types are aligned, this makes core banking IT transformations simpler.
Erik Drijkoningen, Ohpen’s director of product development, said: “Providing our clients with the ability to assemble blocks of API calls that they can easily integrate in their own applications, whether it is internet or mobile banking, just works. Time to market of new releases, adding extra functionalities, or deploying a whole new investment or savings bank can now be done much faster and better improving reliability - all to the benefit of the retail customer.”