- Vocalink to modernise Peruvian electronic payments infrastructure
- Société Générale to open clearing capability for derivatives and OTCs in Paris
- iwoca adds Barclays and HSBC to Open Banking connections
- UK regulator grants electronic money licence to Airwallex
- MoneyGram launches new mobile app in 14 countries
- Revolut granted specialised bank and electronic money institution licences
- KeyBank launches Initial Opportunity Zone Fund for affordable housing expired
- Competitive market drives highest rate of remortgaging in a decade, says UK Finance expired
- Shri Shaktikanta Das appointed new Governor of Indian central bank expired
- Danske is first NI bank to launch Open Banking feature expired
- Demand for chief technology officers in financial services sector set to soar expired
- Zeux to list Hedera's native HBAR token in its digital payment wallet expired
4th December 2018
NatWest extends digital loans to £750k for business customers
NatWest has announced the launch of a new digital platform that will be available to all NatWest business and commercial customers allowing them to apply online for secured and unsecured loans of up to £750,000 – the largest digitally available loans in the industry.
The new platform, available to all business and commercial banking customers who use online banking, will allow applicants to complete the process in a matter of minutes, with a decision being communicated to customers usually within 24 hours, sometimes immediately. This fully digitised application process streamlines the customer experience.
NatWest’s development underlines the bank’s commitment to further improving its digital offering and builds on the success of its ESME Loans platform, which provides loans of up to £150,000, Mettle – the standalone digital business current account, and LenderComm, the first production use of blockchain in the syndicated loan marketplace.
Alison Rose, CEO of Commercial and Private Banking at NatWest, said: “We are continuously looking for innovative solutions to meet the ever-evolving needs of our business and commercial customers. Our commitment to helping businesses in the UK access funding is at the heart of everything we do and we want to support them.
"Accessing larger loans, quickly, is vital, and this new end-to-end digital lending platform allows us to offer just that. The scale and pace of changes in customer behaviour is like nothing we have seen before, and we’re incredibly proud of this new proposition, which shows our commitment to serving our customers better.”