- New standards for banks on government bond sales
- Credit card fraud on Cyber Monday expected to be £6m
- Independent leadership team for Business Banking Resolution Service
- UK Finance publishes latest regional mortgages trends
- More than half of Brits will put Christmas on their credit cards, says Creditfix
- Santander US announces leadership appointments
- Children’s piggy banks decline as pocket money starts moving online expired
- Schroders strengthens Danish client team with new hire expired
- Data breaches push UK fraud losses to record £671m, says FICO expired
- Half of UK shoppers expect to overspend at Christmas, according to Lloyds expired
- Barclays inaugurates new world-class campus in India expired
- UK Finance publishes buy-to-let mortgage lending table for 2018 expired
3rd December 2019
Luis Isasi to become non-executive chairman of Santander Spain
Banco Santander’s Appointments Committee has proposed Luis Isasi Fernández de Bobadilla as a new director of Banco Santander and non-executive chairman of Santander Spain. He will join the board once all regulatory approvals are obtained. This appointment will be submitted to the next General Shareholders' Meeting of Banco Santander in 2020.
Mr Isasi will replace Guillermo de la Dehesa, who has been a director since 2002, on the board of Banco Santander. He also assumes the position of non-executive chairman of Santander Spain, held to date by Rodrigo Echenique, who announced his intention to step down as chair at the beginning of the year once a successor was appointed. Mr Echenique continues to be a director of Banco Santander.
During his career, Mr Isasi has worked with a range of leading Spanish companies, participating directly in the most important corporate transactions. He holds a business degree from the University of Seville and an MBA from Columbia Business School (New York). He has also served as a director of Madrileña de Gas and Madrid Stock Exchange and is today independent director of Grifols.
Banco Santander’s Group Executive Chairman, Ana Botín, said: “It is not easy to replace Rodrigo and Guillermo. I am certain, however, that the experience, knowledge of the Spanish market and international vision of Luis Isasi will add great value to the Group and to Santander Spain. As Chairman of Santander Spain, Rodrigo has played a critical role in the acquisition and integration of Banco Popular.
"Now this integration has been completed successfully, a new period starts in which Luis's contribution, working as a team with Santander Spain’s country head, Rami Aboukhair, will be essential for Santander to continue growing and consolidating itself as the leading retail and commercial bank in Spain. I would also like to extend huge thanks to Guillermo for his great contribution to the Group for many years."