- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-Editor's Weekly Overview
- ACORD and Sequel Business Soluions announce joint initiative to advance London Market next-generation placing standards
- Lloyd's Lab announces its sixth cohort with a focus on product simplification and climate
- Lloyd’s to invest in building digital delivery capability and opening a new hub in Manchester
- Willis Towers Watson launches Radar Workbench to transform the capability of commercial underwriting
- SCOR performs strongly at the 1st April renewals
- Texas Mutual takes step forward in its digital transformation with investment in Duck Creek Distribution Management expired
- Zywave acquires risk management solutions provider Enquiron expired
- Record breaking Q1 for US life insurance activity, reports the MIB Life Index expired
- Bluesky MetroVista Mesh Models underpin dynamic Map of London expired
- Ardonagh announces cross class follow capacity solution with Beazley expired
- Liberty Specialty Markets(LSM) appoints Warren as Active Underwriter expired
7th April 2021
Ardonagh and Amynta Group announce joint venture to acquire AccuRisk Solutions
The Ardonagh Group and Amynta Group have announce that they have acquired AccuRisk Holdings, a Chicago-based managing general underwriter specialising in medical stop loss, occupational accident and supplemental health products for small and mid-sized businesses.
Accurisk has grown steadily through organic growth and targeted acquisitions since it was founded in 2017. Its 82 staff operate from offices in Boston, Kansas City, Baltimore, Dallas, Indianapolis, Milwaukee and Phoenix. AccuRisk wrote $137m of premiums in 2020.
Medical stop loss is bought by employers that self-fund healthcare benefits for their employees. The US medical stop loss market has rapidly expanded from $10bn in 2010 to $24bn in 2020, as employers look for alternatives to the fully insured market. AccuRisk has also expanded into the Captive and Ancillary service lines as these markets have significant growth opportunities in the US.
AccuRisk will operate within Ardonagh’s Global Partners segment.
AccuRisk ceo Dan Boisvert comments “This is a really exciting moment for the company and we’re incredibly proud to become part of the Ardonagh and Amynta portfolios.
Our team’s success is driven by our focus on creating and bringing innovative products to market that meet a very real customer demand. More than half the US workforce is currently enrolled in a self-funded health plan, and we anticipate further growth as employers look to create customised and affordable health insurance plans.
With the firepower of an independent Top 20 global broker like Ardonagh behind us, and the relationships and experience of Amynta, we will accelerate our expansion plans and continue to deliver our broker and agent partners and their clients an even better range of products and services.
Ardonagh Group ceo David Ross added: “Dan’s team are proven leaders with a desire to drive the best results for their clients. Their data driven focus is designed to provide the next generation of healthcare solutions to their distribution partners. We’re incredibly excited that they have chosen to partner with us to fuel the next chapter of their journey.
We’re also very pleased to be working in partnership with Amynta, as we enter a new geography of strategic significance.”
Amynta Group ceo Rob Giammarco said “Dan and his team have built a great platform, differentiating themselves in the market by delivering innovative, client focused solutions, with a strong track record of growth and profitability. We see significant opportunity to expand the business and are excited to join forces with Ardonagh in entering the Accident & Health market and building on the success of AccuRisk.”
Ardonagh Trends(20 articles)