- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-Editor's Weekly Overview
- ACORD and Sequel Business Soluions announce joint initiative to advance London Market next-generation placing standards
- Lloyd's Lab announces its sixth cohort with a focus on product simplification and climate
- Lloyd’s to invest in building digital delivery capability and opening a new hub in Manchester
- Willis Towers Watson launches Radar Workbench to transform the capability of commercial underwriting
- SCOR performs strongly at the 1st April renewals
- Texas Mutual takes step forward in its digital transformation with investment in Duck Creek Distribution Management expired
- Zywave acquires risk management solutions provider Enquiron expired
- Record breaking Q1 for US life insurance activity, reports the MIB Life Index expired
- Bluesky MetroVista Mesh Models underpin dynamic Map of London expired
- Ardonagh announces cross class follow capacity solution with Beazley expired
- Liberty Specialty Markets(LSM) appoints Warren as Active Underwriter expired
7th April 2021
AXA successful placement of first subordinated green bonds
AXA announced today the successful placement of its first subordinated green bonds, which will be issued under AXA Group’s newly established Sustainability Bond Framework.
In 2019, AXA launched a new phase of its climate strategy and doubled its green investment target to E24bn by 2023. With this issuance, the Group further increases this target by E1bn.
An amount equivalent to the proceeds of the green bond issuance will be exclusively used to finance or re-finance eligible Green Projects in the following eligible Green Categories: Green Buildings, Renewable Energy, Clean Transportation, Energy Efficiency and Natural Resources/ Sustainable Forestry, as set out and defined in AXA Group’s Sustainability Bond Framework.
Sustainalytics has provided a second party opinion on AXA Group’s Sustainability Bond Framework, available on www.axa.com. In line with the green bond market standards (ICMA’s Green Bond Principles), AXA will publish an allocation and impact report annually to track the financing of Green Projects and their associated positive environmental impacts.
This issuance is consistent with the Group’s expectations for debt gearing over its 2020–2023 strategic plan, as communicated at AXA’s 2020 Investor Day.
This first green subordinated bond issuance to institutional investors is due 2041. The initial fixed coupon has been set at 1.375% per annum until the end of the 6-month call window period (October 2031), when it will become a floating coupon based on 3-month EURIBOR plus a margin including a 100 basis points step up.
Investor demand was strong with more than 100 institutional investors participating, mainly asset managers, insurers and pension funds essentially across Europe.
The bonds will be treated as capital from a regulatory and rating agencies’ perspective within applicable limits. The transaction has been structured for the bonds to be eligible as Tier 2 capital under Solvency II.
AXA Trends(892 articles)