- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-Editor's Weekly Overview
- ACORD and Sequel Business Soluions announce joint initiative to advance London Market next-generation placing standards
- Lloyd's Lab announces its sixth cohort with a focus on product simplification and climate
- Lloyd’s to invest in building digital delivery capability and opening a new hub in Manchester
- Willis Towers Watson launches Radar Workbench to transform the capability of commercial underwriting
- SCOR performs strongly at the 1st April renewals
- Texas Mutual takes step forward in its digital transformation with investment in Duck Creek Distribution Management expired
- Zywave acquires risk management solutions provider Enquiron expired
- Record breaking Q1 for US life insurance activity, reports the MIB Life Index expired
- Bluesky MetroVista Mesh Models underpin dynamic Map of London expired
- Ardonagh announces cross class follow capacity solution with Beazley expired
- Liberty Specialty Markets(LSM) appoints Warren as Active Underwriter expired
7th April 2021
Julia Graham appointed CEO of Airmic
Airmic has announced the appointment of Julia Graham as chief executive of the association for risk and insurance professionals, effective from today.
Graham is a former chair of both Airmic and FERMA, the Federation of European Risk Management Associations.
Prior to assuming the ceo role, Julia has served as deputy ceo and technical director of Airmic since October 2015.
She has more than 35 years’ experience in senior risk management and insurance positions, including serving as director of risk management and insurance at a global law firm and 30 years in the insurance sector.
Graham is also a board member of IFRIMA, the International Federation of Risk and Insurance Management Associations, and serves as a non-executive director of several captive insurance companies.
She succeeds John Ludlow as Airmic’s CEO. Ludlow joined Airmic’s board of directors in 2012, and served as its deputy chair in 2015-2016, before beginning his tenure as CEO of Airmic from June 2017.
His role as Airmic’s CEO follows a distinguished risk management career in the hospitality industry. He previously served as svp for business reputation and responsibility and global head of risk at an international hotel company.
He will hand over to Graham during April and continue to serve in several non-executive board positions, including at Airmic.
Tracey Skinner, Airmic’s chair, comments “Many congratulations to Julia, her dedication and passion for Airmic is very evident in everything that she does. I am very much looking forward to working with her as ceo during my remaining period as chair and as I continue to work for the executive thereafter.
A huge thank you to John and everything that he has done for Airmic during the last few years. The last year has been extremely challenging and John leaves Airmic in a good shape for Julia to continue with the journey.”
Ludlow added “It is very satisfying to hand over the leadership of Airmic to Julia and the team that together we have built over the last four years. Airmic is in great shape and well positioned to embrace the opportunities that the new world offers.
Airmic has been a joy to lead and develop into a finely tuned and yet agile business that has proven to be resilient and successful even under the stress of recent times."
Graham said “I’m delighted to accept this role and to work with our members, board, partners, and secretariat to lead Airmic at probably the most challenging and exciting time for the risk and insurance professions.
Even before the pandemic, organisations were re-evaluating every aspect of their business. In 2021 and beyond, organisations and their boards will face an acceleration of challenges and will be compelled to address how they are building resilience and creating sustainable value in a rapidly changing business environment. Airmic members are well positioned to act as strategic advisors in this context and Airmic is well positioned to support them.
I’d like to thank John for his fantastic contribution in building the foundations of Airmic from which to achieve success and rise to these challenges. I’m looking forward to working with all of our members, partners, other stakeholders-and the brilliant Airmic secretariat and board.”
Airmic Trends(66 articles)