- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-Editor's Weekly Overview
- ACORD and Sequel Business Soluions announce joint initiative to advance London Market next-generation placing standards
- Lloyd's Lab announces its sixth cohort with a focus on product simplification and climate
- Lloyd’s to invest in building digital delivery capability and opening a new hub in Manchester
- Willis Towers Watson launches Radar Workbench to transform the capability of commercial underwriting
- SCOR performs strongly at the 1st April renewals
- Texas Mutual takes step forward in its digital transformation with investment in Duck Creek Distribution Management expired
- Zywave acquires risk management solutions provider Enquiron expired
- Record breaking Q1 for US life insurance activity, reports the MIB Life Index expired
- Bluesky MetroVista Mesh Models underpin dynamic Map of London expired
- Ardonagh announces cross class follow capacity solution with Beazley expired
- Liberty Specialty Markets(LSM) appoints Warren as Active Underwriter expired
7th April 2021
MS Amlin acquires International Transportation Marine Office
MS Amlin has announced an agreement to acquire US Managing General Agency(MGA) International Transportation and Marine Office(ITMO) and its associated subsidiaries as part of a new strategy to provide access to high quality specialty MGAs in the US–the largest MGA market in the world. Completion of the transaction is subject to customary closing conditions, including the receipt of regulatory approvals.
Following a significant period of transformation, the acquisition demonstrates the evolution of MS Amlin’s strategic ambitions, supported by its parent MS&AD Group, building selectively on its core portfolio and balancing its catastrophe exposure by investing in the high growth US speciality MGA market. By targeting mid-size, strongly performing niche MGAs underwritten by capacity from highly rated carriers, MS Amlin will provide its clients with a broader suite of products whilst deepening distribution links in a key region.
Founded in 2001, the primary subsidiary International Transportation & Marine Agency(ITMA) provides marine and other specialty lines of insurance. ITMA, which will write business into Syndicate 2001, specialises in light commercial trucking and offers coverage for auto physical damage and motor truck cargo products unbundled from the auto liability exposure. ITMA partners with appointed producers, at both the wholesale and retail levels, and all coverage is placed through A-Rated or better licensed insurance carriers.
Don Kaitz will retain his role as chairman of Arizona headquartered ITMA, and the business will continue to be led by Eric Kaitz, ceo and remain a stand-alone MGA business.
Johan Slabbert, ceo of MS Amlin Underwriting Ltd, comments “We’re excited to be launching a new, US MGA focused strategy as we continue on our journey to create a more modern, relevant, profitable and client-focused business built on providing cover for complex risks where underwriting expertise is critical. The US speciality market represents a significant opportunity to complement our existing portfolio, balancing the current volatility of catastrophe risk by investing in quality, niche risks and broadening the product base for our clients.
I couldn’t think of a better business to spearhead our US MGA platform. ITMA is a profitable business with a strong management team backed by a breadth of underwriting expertise and experience. Our relationship with the business extends over ten years and this acquisition will secure critical access to the US insurance market, improving links with our distributors and helping us better serve our clients. We look forward to bringing our two teams together.”
Eric Kaitz added “Having worked with MS Amlin for the past 10 years, we are confident that our businesses share a strong vision, rigorous underwriting discipline and a commitment to high quality client service. MS Amlin’s scale and global distribution will further enhance our growth trajectory and we look forward to joining the team and building on our success.”
Mitsui Sumitomo Trends(168 articles)