Of Special Interest
- Financial wellness affects half of peoples’ mental or physical health, finds report
- Study finds traditional financial institutions embrace Fintech disruption
- Grass is greener for environmentally friendly businesses, finds Barclays
- Prospective homeowners would consider a 40-year mortgage to escape renting, finds Santander
- Millennials’ needs are changing the face of banking industry, says new report
- FS is putting consumer data at risk by failing to protect mobile apps, says Arxan
- A lack of belief in their ability holds 28% women back in work, says Cambridge & Counties
- ‘Which?’ reveals Scotland has lost over a third of its bank branches in eight years
- Next downturn unlikely to be as bad as 2008, according to S&P
- FCA reveals findings from first cryptoassets consumer research
- US consumers favour single mobile app for banking and payments
- Banks suffering major IT shutdowns every day, ‘Which?’ reveals
- The US will be a key offshore centre in 2019, says GlobalData
- Debit industry changes markedly in 10 years of the Debit Issuer Study
- UK's ‘Big Five’ face ‘too big to compete’ as small challengers secure stellar returns
- Banks as vulnerable now as before crash, says new study
- Leverage ratio a constant conundrum for European and US banks, says SNL
27th September 2011
Capital One social gaming spend
Capital One has entered into a wider deal with Zynga to establish a presence on some of its social gaming platforms and interact with the social gamers. Capital One had previously experimented with FarmVille and as well as returning to this game is also entering CityVille and the Pioneer Trail.
FarmVille and Pioneer Trail gamers will be able to interact with the goat that appears in Capital One adverts whilst CityVille players will be able to place a Capital One bank branch in their city.
"We look for iconic brands that enhance the in-game experience and deliver value to our players, and Capital One is a brand that many of our players know, recognize, and use every day," said Jeff Karp, Chief Marketing and revenue Officer at Zynga. "This marks the first time a company is offering in-game brand engagements across multiple Zynga studios at the same time, and adding Capital One retail banks to CityVille is a great fit."
CityVille is Zynga's largest game on Facebook and has recently been added to Google+ gaming. The press release did not make clear how long the deal would last between Capital One and Zynga. It might be reasonable to expect that any significant business benefit could only arise from a long term presence.