Of Special Interest
- Financial wellness affects half of peoples’ mental or physical health, finds report
- Study finds traditional financial institutions embrace Fintech disruption
- Grass is greener for environmentally friendly businesses, finds Barclays
- Prospective homeowners would consider a 40-year mortgage to escape renting, finds Santander
- Millennials’ needs are changing the face of banking industry, says new report
- FS is putting consumer data at risk by failing to protect mobile apps, says Arxan
- A lack of belief in their ability holds 28% women back in work, says Cambridge & Counties
- ‘Which?’ reveals Scotland has lost over a third of its bank branches in eight years
- Next downturn unlikely to be as bad as 2008, according to S&P
- FCA reveals findings from first cryptoassets consumer research
- US consumers favour single mobile app for banking and payments
- Banks suffering major IT shutdowns every day, ‘Which?’ reveals
- The US will be a key offshore centre in 2019, says GlobalData
- Debit industry changes markedly in 10 years of the Debit Issuer Study
- UK's ‘Big Five’ face ‘too big to compete’ as small challengers secure stellar returns
- Banks as vulnerable now as before crash, says new study
- Leverage ratio a constant conundrum for European and US banks, says SNL
11th October 2011
Sir David Clementi appointed Virgin Money chairman
Sir David Clementi has been appointed Chairman of Virgin Money. The post has been vacant since the death of Sire Brian Pitman in March 2010.
Sir David worked for Kleinwort Benson for 22 years including as Chief Executive. He later became deputy governor of the Bank of England and from 2002 - 2008 was chairman of Prudential plc.
Commenting on the appointment, Sir Richard Branson, founder of the Virgin Group, said: "Sir David Clementi’s experience, combined with the vision and leadership of Jayne-Anne Gadhia, provides the perfect platform for Virgin Money’s future growth."
Sir David Clementi said: "The UK needs new competition in retail banking and Virgin Money is very well placed to bring about that competition. I am looking forward to working with Jayne-Anne Gadhia and her team to realise the potential of this business."