Of Special Interest
- Financial wellness affects half of peoples’ mental or physical health, finds report
- Study finds traditional financial institutions embrace Fintech disruption
- Grass is greener for environmentally friendly businesses, finds Barclays
- Prospective homeowners would consider a 40-year mortgage to escape renting, finds Santander
- Millennials’ needs are changing the face of banking industry, says new report
- FS is putting consumer data at risk by failing to protect mobile apps, says Arxan
- A lack of belief in their ability holds 28% women back in work, says Cambridge & Counties
- ‘Which?’ reveals Scotland has lost over a third of its bank branches in eight years
- Next downturn unlikely to be as bad as 2008, according to S&P
- FCA reveals findings from first cryptoassets consumer research
- US consumers favour single mobile app for banking and payments
- Banks suffering major IT shutdowns every day, ‘Which?’ reveals
- The US will be a key offshore centre in 2019, says GlobalData
- Debit industry changes markedly in 10 years of the Debit Issuer Study
- UK's ‘Big Five’ face ‘too big to compete’ as small challengers secure stellar returns
- Banks as vulnerable now as before crash, says new study
- Leverage ratio a constant conundrum for European and US banks, says SNL
11th November 2011
Barclays insurance deals with Aviva and Legal & General
Barclays has signed two new contracts with major insurers relating to its UK retail business. The contracts expand the insurance offering by the bank.
Aviva is to provide life assurance and personal accident insurance products on a non-advised basis. The products will be available in-branch, online or on-phone. Aviva is the bank's long-standing provider of general insurance.
Legal & General will provide family and mortgage life assurance and critical illness protection cover on an advised basis. L&G has provided mortgage protection insurance to Barclays since 2001.
Paul McNamara, Managing Director, Insurance and Investments at Barclays said: "We look forward to building on our already successful relationships with Aviva and Legal & General to provide our customers with a comprehensive range of competitive and easily accessible insurance, which they can tailor to their needs. This agreement brings market leading capabilities to support Barclays aim of better meeting our customers' needs across our channels, whether online, over the phone or through our extensive branch network."