Of Special Interest
- Financial wellness affects half of peoples’ mental or physical health, finds report
- Study finds traditional financial institutions embrace Fintech disruption
- Grass is greener for environmentally friendly businesses, finds Barclays
- Prospective homeowners would consider a 40-year mortgage to escape renting, finds Santander
- Millennials’ needs are changing the face of banking industry, says new report
- FS is putting consumer data at risk by failing to protect mobile apps, says Arxan
- A lack of belief in their ability holds 28% women back in work, says Cambridge & Counties
- ‘Which?’ reveals Scotland has lost over a third of its bank branches in eight years
- Next downturn unlikely to be as bad as 2008, according to S&P
- FCA reveals findings from first cryptoassets consumer research
- US consumers favour single mobile app for banking and payments
- Banks suffering major IT shutdowns every day, ‘Which?’ reveals
- The US will be a key offshore centre in 2019, says GlobalData
- Debit industry changes markedly in 10 years of the Debit Issuer Study
- UK's ‘Big Five’ face ‘too big to compete’ as small challengers secure stellar returns
- Banks as vulnerable now as before crash, says new study
- Leverage ratio a constant conundrum for European and US banks, says SNL
25th November 2011
Social media central to SunGards mobile platform
SunGard launched Ambit MyMoney this week, 'an integrated online and mobile banking platform'. The platform recognises the importance of social media and offers significant social media functionality. This includes
- integration with social networking sites allowing customers to follow bank feeds and 'like' products and services
- Allowing customers the option to be kept informed using these channels.
- allowing customers to share financial savings tips with each other
- allowing secure feedback to the bank.
The platform offers all of the usual financial and non-financial transaction capabilities. It has retail and business modules with the business module offering cash management functionality, role-based authority for users, variable limits, batch payments, salary payments and maker-checker features with multiple levels of approval. There are additional widgets to add functionality such as FX.
David Hamilton, president of SunGard's Banking business, said, "Many consumers now see virtual channels as the primary window into their relationships with service providers, including their banks. The challenge for banks is how to meet these changing consumer demands. SunGard's Ambit MyMoney is an additive banking solution that helps banks offer highly personalized banking to their customers, to help them build more profitable relationships and deliver a seamless experience, no matter which mobile channel the customer chooses to use."