Of Special Interest
- Financial wellness affects half of peoples’ mental or physical health, finds report
- Study finds traditional financial institutions embrace Fintech disruption
- Grass is greener for environmentally friendly businesses, finds Barclays
- Prospective homeowners would consider a 40-year mortgage to escape renting, finds Santander
- Millennials’ needs are changing the face of banking industry, says new report
- FS is putting consumer data at risk by failing to protect mobile apps, says Arxan
- A lack of belief in their ability holds 28% women back in work, says Cambridge & Counties
- ‘Which?’ reveals Scotland has lost over a third of its bank branches in eight years
- Next downturn unlikely to be as bad as 2008, according to S&P
- FCA reveals findings from first cryptoassets consumer research
- US consumers favour single mobile app for banking and payments
- Banks suffering major IT shutdowns every day, ‘Which?’ reveals
- The US will be a key offshore centre in 2019, says GlobalData
- Debit industry changes markedly in 10 years of the Debit Issuer Study
- UK's ‘Big Five’ face ‘too big to compete’ as small challengers secure stellar returns
- Banks as vulnerable now as before crash, says new study
- Leverage ratio a constant conundrum for European and US banks, says SNL
3rd January 2012
SocGen CIB exec team changes
Didier Valet, announced changes to his reporting team immediately following his appointment as CEO of Société Générale Corporate & Investment Bank. His new executive team is:
- Dan Fields is appointed Head of Global Markets. He moves up from deputy Head an has been with the bank since 1994 and has served in various continents.
- Christophe Leblanc is appointed Chief Operating Officer, in charge of Operations, IT, Finance, and of the Security and Anti-Fraud Expertise department. He was formerly COO for Global markets and has both audit and CFO experience within a number of divisions.
- Pierre Palmieri is appointed Head of Global Finance. He was previously deputy head.
- Thierry Aulagnon remains Head of Coverage and Investment Banking.
- Diony Lebot and Craig Overlander remain respectively CEO and Deputy CEO of SG Americas.
- Hikaru Ogata remains CEO for the Corporate and Investment Banking activities in the Asia Pacific Region.
All new appointments are effective from 3rd January 2012. Jean-Luc Parer, former Head of Global Finance is appointed Advisor to Didier Valet, CEO of the Corporate & Investment Bank, and his Deputy, Christophe Mianné, until the end of March 2012. He will then join the International Retail Banking division.