Of Special Interest
- Financial wellness affects half of peoples’ mental or physical health, finds report
- Study finds traditional financial institutions embrace Fintech disruption
- Grass is greener for environmentally friendly businesses, finds Barclays
- Prospective homeowners would consider a 40-year mortgage to escape renting, finds Santander
- Millennials’ needs are changing the face of banking industry, says new report
- FS is putting consumer data at risk by failing to protect mobile apps, says Arxan
- A lack of belief in their ability holds 28% women back in work, says Cambridge & Counties
- ‘Which?’ reveals Scotland has lost over a third of its bank branches in eight years
- Next downturn unlikely to be as bad as 2008, according to S&P
- FCA reveals findings from first cryptoassets consumer research
- US consumers favour single mobile app for banking and payments
- Banks suffering major IT shutdowns every day, ‘Which?’ reveals
- The US will be a key offshore centre in 2019, says GlobalData
- Debit industry changes markedly in 10 years of the Debit Issuer Study
- UK's ‘Big Five’ face ‘too big to compete’ as small challengers secure stellar returns
- Banks as vulnerable now as before crash, says new study
- Leverage ratio a constant conundrum for European and US banks, says SNL
6th January 2012
Barclays new UK Retail COO
Barclays appointed Rumi Contractor as Chief Operating Officer, UK Retail and Business Banking. He is to join on March 1st. Until recently he was Global Head of Service Delivery and Chief Executive Officer, Global Resourcing at HSBC.
He is tasked to drive customer service innovation and technology across UK Retail and Business Banking, ranging from product design to improvements to the branch network and customer contact centres.
Ashok Vaswani, Chief Executive of Barclays UK Retail and Business Banking, said:
"Rumi is a recognised leader in financial services operations and technology and I am delighted to have someone of his calibre joining Barclays to help us further put customers at the heart of our products, services and operations."
Dr Shaygan Kheradpir, Chief Operating Officer for Barclays Retail and Business Banking said:
"Rumi is a highly seasoned business leader with a strong track record for strategic thinking, hands-on execution and building strong teams who collaborate and innovate to improve the customer experience. He is a great addition to our senior executive team."