Of Special Interest
- Financial wellness affects half of peoples’ mental or physical health, finds report
- Study finds traditional financial institutions embrace Fintech disruption
- Grass is greener for environmentally friendly businesses, finds Barclays
- Prospective homeowners would consider a 40-year mortgage to escape renting, finds Santander
- Millennials’ needs are changing the face of banking industry, says new report
- FS is putting consumer data at risk by failing to protect mobile apps, says Arxan
- A lack of belief in their ability holds 28% women back in work, says Cambridge & Counties
- ‘Which?’ reveals Scotland has lost over a third of its bank branches in eight years
- Next downturn unlikely to be as bad as 2008, according to S&P
- FCA reveals findings from first cryptoassets consumer research
- US consumers favour single mobile app for banking and payments
- Banks suffering major IT shutdowns every day, ‘Which?’ reveals
- The US will be a key offshore centre in 2019, says GlobalData
- Debit industry changes markedly in 10 years of the Debit Issuer Study
- UK's ‘Big Five’ face ‘too big to compete’ as small challengers secure stellar returns
- Banks as vulnerable now as before crash, says new study
- Leverage ratio a constant conundrum for European and US banks, says SNL
27th January 2012
SunTrust acquires FirstAgain for loan platform
SunTrust has purchased FirstAgain, an internet based consumer loan company said to target 'super-prime' borrowers. No financials were provided and the deal requires regulatory approvals.
"FirstAgain's technological prowess and expertise provide SunTrust with an attractive nationwide online lending platform," said Brad Dinsmore, SunTrust's Consumer Banking and Private Wealth Management Executive. "We look forward to welcoming FirstAgain teammates and clients to the SunTrust family of companies." Mr. Dinsmore noted that SunTrust clients will benefit from innovative enhancements to SunTrust's online lending platform as it builds on FirstAgain's industry-leading capabilities.
"We are excited about joining the SunTrust family," said Gary Miller, FirstAgain's CEO. "As part of SunTrust, we will be able to scale our technology to bring innovative product offerings to new and existing SunTrust clients."