Of Special Interest
- Financial wellness affects half of peoples’ mental or physical health, finds report
- Study finds traditional financial institutions embrace Fintech disruption
- Grass is greener for environmentally friendly businesses, finds Barclays
- Prospective homeowners would consider a 40-year mortgage to escape renting, finds Santander
- Millennials’ needs are changing the face of banking industry, says new report
- FS is putting consumer data at risk by failing to protect mobile apps, says Arxan
- A lack of belief in their ability holds 28% women back in work, says Cambridge & Counties
- ‘Which?’ reveals Scotland has lost over a third of its bank branches in eight years
- Next downturn unlikely to be as bad as 2008, according to S&P
- FCA reveals findings from first cryptoassets consumer research
- US consumers favour single mobile app for banking and payments
- Banks suffering major IT shutdowns every day, ‘Which?’ reveals
- The US will be a key offshore centre in 2019, says GlobalData
- Debit industry changes markedly in 10 years of the Debit Issuer Study
- UK's ‘Big Five’ face ‘too big to compete’ as small challengers secure stellar returns
- Banks as vulnerable now as before crash, says new study
- Leverage ratio a constant conundrum for European and US banks, says SNL
20th March 2012
New Rothschild reunification moves
New moves to bring UK Rothschild family operation together with the Franco-Swiss operation.
The two have formed a new joint venture said to be focusing on third party fund management and 'future investments'. Edmund de Rothschild Group, (the Franco Swiss arm) is also to take a symbolic 1% shareholding in Rothschild Investment Trust (RIT), the main UK arm. In addition the Baroness Ariane de Rothschild will become honorary vice-chairman of RIT and Lord Jacob Rothschild will take a similar position within the private banking arm of Edmund de Rothschild.
The UK operation whilst much smaller, continues to hold important connections including in the expanding Chinese market.