Of Special Interest
- Financial wellness affects half of peoples’ mental or physical health, finds report
- Study finds traditional financial institutions embrace Fintech disruption
- Grass is greener for environmentally friendly businesses, finds Barclays
- Prospective homeowners would consider a 40-year mortgage to escape renting, finds Santander
- Millennials’ needs are changing the face of banking industry, says new report
- FS is putting consumer data at risk by failing to protect mobile apps, says Arxan
- A lack of belief in their ability holds 28% women back in work, says Cambridge & Counties
- ‘Which?’ reveals Scotland has lost over a third of its bank branches in eight years
- Next downturn unlikely to be as bad as 2008, according to S&P
- FCA reveals findings from first cryptoassets consumer research
- US consumers favour single mobile app for banking and payments
- Banks suffering major IT shutdowns every day, ‘Which?’ reveals
- The US will be a key offshore centre in 2019, says GlobalData
- Debit industry changes markedly in 10 years of the Debit Issuer Study
- UK's ‘Big Five’ face ‘too big to compete’ as small challengers secure stellar returns
- Banks as vulnerable now as before crash, says new study
- Leverage ratio a constant conundrum for European and US banks, says SNL
25th May 2012
New UK business finance website
A new FREE TO USE website has been created in the UK to assist businesses find finance. The name is Business Finance For You, or BUFFY for short. It was developed by the British Bankers' Association and Better Business Finance banks with help from a number of business organisations and finance providers, makes it easier for businesses to find the finance they require by bringing into one place a wide range of finance providers – including business angels, regional funds, asset and lease financers, government schemes, grants and CDFIs as well as banks.
Stephen Fear, the Entrepreneur in Residence at the British Library, said:
"Britain needs entrepreneurs and entrepreneurs need finance so the launch of this well thought out and easy to use website is a major step forward for fledgling and growing businesses.
"I am always being asked where finance can be found for new and expanding businesses and from now on will be recommending this informative and user friendly website which really does provide first class information. I have long been saying that if it was as easy to get finance for your new business as it used to be to get finance for your car, Britain would be a world leader in start-ups. Start-ups often go on to be major employers of the future, something we should all support – what a brilliant initiative from the BBA."
Angela Knight, BBA chief executive, said:
"Access to finance is a critical issue for Britain’s businesses – and is an issue that is being taken seriously by the banks. There are very many sources of finance in the UK and finding out about and navigating a path through all of these can be complicated and confusing.
"That is why we have developed BusinessFinanceForYou.co.uk – to bring into one place a wide variety of finance providers and make that search easier for businesses. Sometimes bank finance is not the right thing for a business – but we want to be able to help businesses by showing them what the alternatives are. We hope this website makes finding finance easier and quicker for businesses – helping them to grow and thrive."
The web site is at: http://businessfinanceforyou.co.uk